• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap Spotting Scope, Under 300yds

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 22, 2017
    FL
    What's the Cheapest spotting scope I can get away with seeing 223 sized holes at 300yds.
    About 95% of my shooting is done under 300yds with a stretch out to 500yds every so often when I can make it out to that range.
    I'm looking at Celestron, Konus, and Redfield right now.

Not finding much general info via the search on here so I figured I'd just ask. Any experience with super cheap spotting scopes? Any work well enough?

Just looking for something right now. I'll probably drop some dough on a nice one in 2018.

I'd second the Konus, it's a lot of scope for a very little amount of money.

I've got a Konus 20-60x80, paid about $150 for it used. Great spotter for the money. Not as wide a field of view, or as good contrast/color, or as good eye relief as something nicer like a Vortex Razor, but in terms of pure resolution and ability to see detail it's pretty much neck and neck to my eye. I've had it side by side with a Vortex Razor as well as a Swarovski.

I've used mine for spotting out to 1 mile shooting larger calibers, and 1200 yards with smaller calibers.

Thanks for the unanimous responses.

I just ordered the Konus.
    It's one of the ones I was leaning towards.

With so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to a potential buyer. I just didn't want to end up with a piece of junk.

Happy shooting!

I have the Konus & use it for high power / cmp comp. But no way is it even close to my Swaro. You might be able to see 223 @ 300 if your eyes are young & strong.