• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap target camera that works.

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Saw this video on here somewhere. Cost a little more to build now but still pretty cheap. Worked out to 2,000 yards. Need to elevate the camera a little more for a little more signal and give it some sort of armor to keep from shooting it. But it works.
Also now that I know a little more have some experience, there are cameras with much better picture quality, transmitters with more power and receivers that work with iPhones and ipads not just android.

This is a screen shot from a kindle fire.
IMG_8265.jpg

My buddy standing in the basket on my truck at 2,000 yards. Picture had a little snow, but it was there.
IMG_2090.jpg

And a Thank You to the guy who thought it up. Here's the video

Reactions: Quintus
only draw back to that video is you will need to know something about camera angles as the one suggested is too narrow and looks like your looking through a toilet paper roll also not ideal for having the item you want to see not on top of each other from 6 feet away and side you can't see nothing of your shots , also going to need another phone program to be able to use it on or with your phone we fixed ours got it working pretty well then saw another unit and liked it more I don't see either of them working too well at 2miles let alone 4 but I could be wrong at that pop used that one to see shots out to 400 yards it worked well enough but the phone screen being so tiny in bright light was very hard to see clearly in the end we went to the
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020849881
the only down side to it was well it wasn't on sale when we got it and it also does not give what we wanted clarity wise via the phone that's still hard to see we should have gotten one of the amazon monitors with the flip up sides and a much larger screen but ours did work with the shot tracker so that was a plus . best of luck with what ever unit you get .
this is the only app we were able to use to get the above mentioned cam to work with our Samsung phone you might get luckier with an apple and not need it .

I used the camera, receiver and antennas from the video. It works really well.