• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHEAP way to do victor co's "grippy bands"

gunshinestate

Minuteman
Oct 12, 2012
I grew up working in bike shops and have all sorts of bike inner tubes laying around. I cut a few chunks off of one and used it to hold the pressure switch on my forward grip. It also added a bit of a "sticky" grip to the otherwise smooth plastic of the MOE grip.
I figured it was just a rigged up job but it worked for me and I thought nothing of it.

I just got a laugh out of this. Saw it on Facebook - Grippy Gun Band
Victor Company now sells "grippy gun bands" for 2.99.

2.99 isnt that bad but if you want more or different sizes and feel like experimenting, go anywhere that sells bike tubes (walmart, target, any sports store, etc) and get a cheap inner tube (go with a 700c for tubes that will have a smaller diameter or a 26" for bigger jobs) - cut the sections to any size you want.

again, nothing major but figured i'd share.

Last edited:
Can't remember the size, but yes those bike inertubes make a good, quick, and cheap grip. I used one on couple handguns and an AR. One 26in tube goes a long way.