• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheaper Than Dirt

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
$59.59 for a box of 9mm federal 115gr FMJ ????????????????????? Where do these jokers get off?

9jgh7l.jpg

If you need ammo, at least you have a place to buy it where it's in stock and ready to ship. That might be worth the price to some people.

there are a couple different ways to respond to this post.
1. I could say this is an example of capitalism, welcome to America.
2. Or this is poor business ethics and they are ruining their reputation by capitalizing on and adding to the hysteria of looming gun control.

but in order to avoid the nasty responses by people on the other side of whichever answer I chose I will just say this, they have lost my business and if they want to jack up their prices they should change their name from "Cheaper Than Dirt" to "Price Gouging Fuckbags"

The panic is slowing and people aern't paying those prices. The problem for CTD is, they traded the prospect of return customers for a quick buck and didn't even try to hide their fuck you attitude.

When things get back to normal on a whole, I see them having issues as their prices usually sucked to begin with, their shipping cost shell-game was borderline retarded and now they have an ever growing population of people that would rather pay $1 more for something from somewhere else just on principle.

They'll get theirs.

They sent me another catalog the other day!!! I was happy to see it sitting on the counter as I needed something to start a fire in the pit with.

If you have EVER thought CTD was in fact that, you've been shopping in the wrong place

Calm down guys, you might bring the wrath of Free Market experts on your ass. Of course we are not dealing with a free market, but that won't stop them from defending price gouging! I've even seen some very foolish posters on this very board, claim do to the high demand, some mfgs are having to hire extra people, and pay some over time, thus their profits are SHRINKING! Others will tell state some crazy shit like, "Well so what if a gun store sell at what the market will bear, how can they begin to pay next months rent, if they don't gouge away today? And some how they believe this! Last time I checked all the ammo and gun mfgs are running at 100%, that ammo and those guns etc. are going somewhere, what do you want a bet the dealers are still getting their backorders (maybe not at the same rate, but enough, as all that stuff is being sold), and as this stuff is sold by dealers, some dealer some where must be getting it. I agree with all those on this string, this is price gouging, if you didn't need an FFL to purchase guns and the like, and you could purchase direct from the mfgs, and import without a license, this would be a free market. It is a controlled, highly licensed, and taxed, both fed and state, market, but that doesn't stop the "So what, it's a free market" crowd from drooooowning on. Just saying.

Last edited:
Calm down guys, you might bring the wrath of Free Market experts on your ass. Of course we are not dealing with a free market, but that won't stop them from defending price gouging! I've even seen some very foolish posters on this very board, claim do to the high demand, some mfgs are having to hire extra people, and pay some over time, thus their profits are SHRINKING! Others will tell state some crazy shit like, "Well so what if a gun store sell at what the market will bear, how can they begin to pay next months rent, if they don't gouge away today? And some how they believe this! Last time I checked all the ammo and gun mfgs are running at 100%, that ammo and those guns etc. are going somewhere, what do you want a bet the dealers are still getting their backorders (maybe not at the same rate, but enough, as all that stuff is being sold), and as this stuff is sold by dealers, some dealer some where must be getting it. I agree with all those on this string, this is price gouging, if you didn't need an FFL to purchase guns and the like, and you could purchase direct from the mfgs, and import with a license, this would be a free market. It is a controlled, highly licensed market, but that doesn't stop the "So what, it's a free market" crowd from drooooowning on. Just saying.
As a free market guy I am not going to say that they can't charge what ever they want for their products but as free market guy I will spend my money elsewhere. I never liked them in the first place as they were never cheaper than dirt on any products but I did look occasionally -now, I would rather buy from anyone else then go to them.

I have not purchased a single item from them and I do not intend to start for any reason.

Free market. They are free to charge what they like for the merchandise they list for sale. I am free to not buy the merchandise they list for sale. But, their fliers are generally good for a laugh... The jokers!!!

I have not purchased a single item from them and I do not intend to start for any reason.

Pretty much this. Anytime in the past they came up on a search for something, after shipping they were maybe the best price 1% of the time if that. If you order multiple things their disastrous shipping 'game' usually prices them out of the ballpark right away.

As far as the products they sell, most is chi-com shit gear wise. The rest is guns/ammo that can be had pretty much anywhere for the same or lesser price per above. We're not missing out on the privilege of paying them.

For the free market guys, yes this is part of it and everyone is allowed to voice their discord which is also part of the free market; but the pendulum will swing. Anyone else remember the recent list of bullshit excuses Dick's had for why their revenue fell through the floor?

Like others have said, they are free to charge $10 a round if they please, and I'm free to spend my money elsewhere. That's really all it comes down to.

they are large enough that they have some shall we say effect on the total available supply of ammo. Thus it's not free market...it's unethical.

1. They are free to do whatever they want.
2. I will never buy anything from them again, but then again I'm not looking for a Barska scope or a Tapco stock for an SKS

Last edited:
Not smart business at those prices but unethical...not at all, simply a price that the market will bear. They have an item that you want and don't like the price...it's not a necessity item-food, clothing, fuel for your vehicle or home, so not price gouging. It's no different than the over priced AR's, Ak's etc. If someone is stupid enough to pay those prices, shame on them.

there are a couple different ways to respond to this post.
1. I could say this is an example of capitalism, welcome to America.
2. Or this is poor business ethics and they are ruining their reputation by capitalizing on and adding to the hysteria of looming gun control.

but in order to avoid the nasty responses by people on the other side of whichever answer I chose I will just say this, they have lost my business and if they want to jack up their prices they should change their name from "Cheaper Than Dirt" to "Price Gouging Fuckbags"
I second that, well said "Price Gouging Fuckbags"

Seeing shit like that makes me feel better about not shipping back the 2 extra sets of Warne scope rings they shipped me by mistake.

I don't care if they are the only ones with a item that I need.

I will never ever do buisness with them.

Ever

For me, CTD`s site doesn`t work. I can`t access any page for their website. I would consider using promotional discounts from other brands.

I'm very disappointed that so many of the gun forums continue to accept them as advertisers. Goes to show where priorities really are.

Apparently the price of Dirt is on the rise....................

Maybe they should change their name to "Treat You Like Dirt."

I'll remember this "Business" for all the wrong reasons. The very least I can, and will do, is to continue to bash them for the "Gouging Douche Nozzles" they are, period.

F them. I tell everyone I know never to do business with them. They are taking advantage of a bad situation. Ill stick to Brownells. I remember when they sold magazines for $100 that were worth $10.

I love freedom. A store has the right to ask whatever they want for a merchandise and I have the right to choose, buy it or not. Cheaper Than Dirt had some deals a while back but they raise prices fast and lower slow. They have a considerably large number of customers so they think they can afford to be more expensive. I can't afford to pay more and sincerely never return to businesses who try to overcharge me.