• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheat Day

My wife runs cross country ultra marathons, ran one in November. 34.4 miles through the mountains. She ran for 6 hours 44 minutes. She burned 3,250 calories after almost 7 brutal hours of running mountain terrain. I know she’s just a little female but I think burning 4k takes a monumental effort like that.
I've seen guys purposely eat 6-8 k a day and are in phenomenal shape .

Yeah, back in the day I worked hard at staying hard. Carrying even a few pounds of lean extra muscle mass really increases the need for calories. Beyond the calories burned while moving, those extra muscle pounds burn calories even at rest. I thought it was like 7-13 calories per pound of muscle (at rest) so carrying/using 20 extra pounds of muscle burns up a significant amount of energy. I know a bunch of guys whoa seriously bulked up and they all consume over 4000 calories a day. Couple of them eat 5 times a day and even then supplement their intake with high calorie/high protein foods to keep up.

VooDoo

Yeah, back in the day I worked hard at staying hard. Carrying even a few pounds of lean extra muscle mass really increases the need for calories. Beyond the calories burned while moving, those extra muscle pounds burn calories even at rest. I thought it was like 7-13 calories per pound of muscle (at rest) so carrying/using 20 extra pounds of muscle burns up a significant amount of energy. I know a bunch of guys whoa seriously bulked up and they all consume over 4000 calories a day. Couple of them eat 5 times a day and even then supplement their intake with high calorie/high protein foods to keep up.

VooDoo
Ya back in the day for me as well. Played college hockey and in those years of my life I could eat an endless supply of calories. They forced food on us. We ate as much as possible, it was great. Barely had any fat, myself and most my teammates were around 10-12% body fat at the start of the season and some of us would be on the verge of zero by the end.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Even at 66 I have managed to stay pretty close to ideal in terms of BMI, blood pressure, heart rates and all that. Our Medical Practitioner tells me I'm way in better shape/healthier than her normal Dudes in the mid 30's and we both attribute it to moderate workouts and watching what I eat. I have friends who tell me I'm "lucky" but I do plenty to stack the odds. Hoping I die in the middle of a set of squats or pushups at like 103. (y)

VooDoo

I have been above 200 and under 160 at least 5 times in my life. Takes a few years to pack on the extra weight then I buckle down and loose it again. I am sure it is playing hell on my body but if I didn't fluctuate I would probably be 400+ pounds by now. Going to try to make this one my final drop but in the last two months I have packed on another 15 pounds, most of it since getting hurt.

One thing I will say is try to live clean. Pay attention to what you eat. Every single time I eat fast food I gain weight, feel like shit and get angry because the cravings are so strong for crap food. It is also about timing, don't eat within 3 hours of sleeping. Avoid eating and then sitting down to "let the food digest". If I am eating a meal I will generally go for a walk pretty quick after, nothing crazy maybe 30 minutes at a snail's pace.

I have a pretty good routine for loosing weight. My wife is down 90+ pounds herself since she started. Her goal is to loose 1/2 her body weight, like me she has already lost 1/3+ of her weight.

Reactions: Alphatreedog