• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Check out my latest project - Dual caliber LR weapon system

Danco411

Arclight Precision
Minuteman
I went into this project thinking to build a long range side charge 5.56 rifle. It ended up being a bit more than that as I tend to get a bit out of control.

In the pelican case is a full weapon system in 2 calibers - 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel - all done in matching Tungsten and Black Cerakote.

Lower

Spartan Billet Lower
Hiperfire Competition Trigger
JP Silent Captured Spring
Luth-AR Stock
KNS captured trigger pins
Yankee Hill extended take down pins
Ambi Safety
Ergo Grip

5.56 Upper

MI Billet Upper
Wilson Combat 18" Fluted 5.56 1:8t SPR barrel
BCM Gunfighter Charge Handle
Voodoo Low Mass BCG
Samson Evo 15" rail
Nordic Comp
Nikon M-223 3-12 600 BDC Scope
Nikon M-223 mount
45 degree BUIS

The 5.56 shoots the 75g Hornady BTHP Match at 2845 FPS.

6.5 Grendel Upper

Crossfire Technologies Ambi Side Charge Billet Upper
NIB Bolt
Satern 20" SS Match 1:8t 5R Barrel (rifle length gas)
MI K Series 15" Keymod rail
Badger Comp
Vortex Viper PST 6-24 Scope
ADM Recon Mount

The Grendel shoots the 95g Hornady V-Max at 3305 FPS, the 107g SMK at 3034 FPS and the 123 Amax at 2687 FPS.

By far the smoothest shooting AR I have ever shot. The JP silent spring coupled with the Low mass BCG is fabulous as is the side charger. Love the Luth-AR stock. Off the bipod the rifle is fantastic. It's light too even with the heavy optics on the Grendel. The first five rounds with the Grendel shooting the 95's went into the same hole at 100! I just loaded up a few of the 3 chosen bullets with book high max loads to break in the barrel and check initial velocities. Now comes the hard part of load work up and long range testing. The 5.56 shot great with my standard load of 25.5g of Power Pro 2000 MR under the 75 BTHP in LC cases. No need to do work there. I hope to run the Grendel out to 1000 with good results.

photo1_zps48ea2dc1.jpg

photo2_zps2c3bb529.jpg

photo3_zpsf3e5fba1.jpg

photo5_zps53ccc1b1.jpg

photo6_zps486b0789.jpg

photo7_zps623f5f1f.jpg

photo8_zps06e9c3b0.jpg

photo9_zpsfd519c5c.jpg

photo10_zps841d1df7.jpg

photo11_zps825325c4.jpg

I think i just got off....you have the rolls royce edition of what i am building/planning. The envy is strong here! Beautiful rifles and setup!

Very nice! I have a similar setup in the same calibers, although is just standard black. That grey looks really cool in the photos.

Thanks guys. The cool factor is high!

Morgan I just LOVE the stock. It fits just like a PRS but half the weight of that boat anchor. Off a bag or off the shoulder it feels and fits great.

Man, it takes a lot for an AR to stand out for me, but THAT is slicker than snot. If I missed it I apologize, but what stock is that?

Luth-AR Modular Butt Stock Assembly. Developed by Randy Luth the founder of DPMS. Half the weight and half the price of a PRS.

The "MBA" - Modular Buttstock Assembly - luth-ar

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Of course I just picked up a PRS off the P/X for my GAP10, but I can see this may be a much better option. I have a bad feeling that once I try this I'll end up switching out all of my PRS's.

I had the same idea, one stop shop.

Les Baer .264
Vortex HS-LR
AD Tactical mount

.233 upper

krieger Barrel chambered in .223 REM headspaced with the JP enhanced bolt.

JP CTR-02 upper

JP gas block/tube

Seekins SPR3 12" Rail

Fortis CG

JP Lomas BCG

IMG_20140619_210427288.jpg
IMG_20140623_132446456.jpg

Very nice BC83! With a scope on both uppers I could not fit everything with an upper on the lower. Had to separate them but oh well. Same result.

It's just wicked cool to open that up for people and watch as they start to understand what they are looking at. :cool:

Thank you Sir.

And your right it does kinds give you Wood to watch the eyes pop out of people's heads when you open that case up.

Very nice! Who did the coating's for you? What kind of accuracy are you getting with those heavier bullets? Nice post!

Damn you beat me to it I have this thing half build but in a 308 ar and was planning a 308 win/ 300 wsm. I guess great minds and all.

I just saw somewhere that Colt is making a single ar that shoots 223 and 308 .