• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Check out my new "Adaptive Precision Grip"!

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Hello all, look forward to your input on my newest product. I've spent quite a bit of time and effort prototyping, testing, etc to get this to a place I like.

There seem to be "AR" style grips for actually gripping your rifle, and "precision" style grips not really for gripping, but for proper hand placement for accuracy oriented shooting. The 0 angle Ergo is the closest thing to doing both, and I like it enough to include it as the stock grip on my MK2 bullpup chassis.

There is not (to my knowledge) a customizable, "crossover" style grip that is oriented at filling both roles, with a 0 degree angle.

Enter my "Adaptive Precision Grip". There are a myriad of features and customization planned. As of now at launch there are several different textures and thumb rests available. Coming in the near future are different palm swells, backstrap thicknesses, "finger placers", and more.

It's all based off a chassis system with interchangeable snap fit parts, made possible via my MJF 5200 3d printer, using nylon 11 material which is not at all common, but perfect for my needs. I'm hitting good tolerances and the part finish is very close to injection molding, without the need for tooling.

Without further blathering, here's some pics, and I look forward to your thoughts. You can check stuff out here:

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg

on pork sword.jpg

on pork sword right.jpg
152225067_453474515881670_6758040066899359232_n.jpg

Any plans for a left-handed T-slot on the grip chassis?

Looks good. I designed something similar and FDM printed it. I'm always impressed with MJF and SLS prints. I'm in the injection molding business and tooling costs make things like this almost impossible unless you're a large corporation with a lot of capital to blow. MJF is a perfectly acceptable substitute for stuff like this and helps continue innovation! I'll probably have to pick one up for a project I'm working on.

Yes. What I have found is lefties (myself included) are 10% of the world, but 75% of grip requests :)

Fantastic! I'll keep my eyes open for when those are open for ordering. Thanks

Already ordered one with the shelf kit.

Can't wait, the other products have been great. Wouldnt think these would be any different.

Dude, you are killin it! This looks awesome. I have at least one rifle that needs this, I will be ordering one soon.

That "finger placer" looks familiar...
Yes, it's certainly very familiar to the MPA style, but how else you gonna put an ultra simplistic shape to cover a range of fingers, in the same spot? I take great care in not doing things how others have done them...but besides some little aesthetic fillets there's not a lot else to do with something so basic. However, it's incorporated into a modular frame, and my hope is it's a better mousetrap essentially.

Got one and it is a good looking grip!

The shelf units could be a bit larger when used with a chassis. On the chassis on my howa the shelf is a bit small. Had to modify the fit a little of the shelf, but it feels great! Can't wait to get shooting with the rifle as soon as things soften up can get out and shoot some.

Got one and it is a good looking grip!

The shelf units could be a bit larger when used with a chassis. On the chassis on my howa the shelf is a bit small. Had to modify the fit a little of the shelf, but it feels great! Can't wait to get shooting with the rifle as soon as things soften up can get out and shoot some.
Would you mind posting some pictures? Really liking the idea but want to see one on a chassis if anyone has them.

@Tyler Kemp , I emailed your team about availability of that large well known style thumb rest. They told me it is unavailable? Is there an anticipated release?

Would you mind posting some pictures? Really liking the idea but want to see one on a chassis if anyone has them.

@Tyler Kemp , I emailed your team about availability of that large well known style thumb rest. They told me it is unavailable? Is there an anticipated release?
Email back and tell them Tyler said you can be a tester and to ask me if employees have any questions. I believe they are pretty much....spot on, but I just want plenty of folks getting their hand on.

I will just sell you a grip and send the "finger placer" at no charge until it is 100% determined to be finalized.

I would love to see a “finger placer/thumb shelf” combo for the Fix rifles. I shoot thumbless with the tip of my thumb touching the bolt handle as it is, and a built up handle to support this would be phenomenal. I tried to do it with epoxy on a MagPul grip but I couldn’t get it right.

edit: if this exists in one of your current products I’ll order immediately.

Email back and tell them Tyler said you can be a tester and to ask me if employees have any questions. I believe they are pretty much....spot on, but I just want plenty of folks getting their hand on.

I will just sell you a grip and send the "finger placer" at no charge until it is 100% determined to be finalized.

Sounds good. I have been in the market for a vertical grip for my chassis rifle and timing of this is about perfect. I like your products and am excited to try it out.

When they told me it wasn’t a released product I was wondering if one of the less blocky rests in the available thumb rest pack had similar ergonomics with a slimmer profile?

A couple of the other rests look pretty good on the screen, but I know the large one we are talking about is an extremely popular design for precision rifle work. Do you have any suggestions on which rests you prefer in this application? Do you recommend I order a pack and try them out, or stick with the large?

Thanks

Got one with a finger placer and am trying it on my Izhmash Biathlon. Haven't had a chance to put actual rounds down range but have cycled and dry fired a good bit. Had to mill a tiny bit on finger placer to fit on an ARS chassis as the chassis is a bit wide just above the grip area. It feels great and puts my thumb in a comfortable position with easy access to toggle. Gives a good 90 degree trigger finger position. Going to try on a bolt gun next to see how it feels on that.

Attachments

• 20210314_174008.jpg
    20210314_174008.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 367
I think my one shelf was printed upside down or something, the 5th pic posted in the original post.

Overall it seems nice. Had to modify the shelf on the grip now to fit with my chassis. When gripping the shelf doesn't get in the way of my trigger hand, but locates it quite nice.

The area that mates up to the lower trigger guard will probably be modified as well to make a smooth transition. But again that is just on my rifle.

The texture is nice, and feels grippy but not overly aggressive either.

Attachments

• 16158585694475461091270900660698.jpg
    16158585694475461091270900660698.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 1615858584273175974870020311818.jpg
    1615858584273175974870020311818.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 16158586356462280457458188915896.jpg
    16158586356462280457458188915896.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 16158586568034632633881285945188.jpg
    16158586568034632633881285945188.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 173
I think my one shelf was printed upside down or something, the 5th pic posted in the original post.

Overall it seems nice. Had to modify the shelf on the grip now to fit with my chassis. When gripping the shelf doesn't get in the way of my trigger hand, but locates it quite nice.

The area that mates up to the lower trigger guard will probably be modified as well to make a smooth transition. But again that is just on my rifle.

The texture is nice, and feels grippy but not overly aggressive either.

My employees shipped you my damn left handed prototypes! Please contact [email protected] we will fix you up. I had done a few lefty grips and thumb rests and they accidentally got mixed in with the rest of the grips.

Email in coming man.

Its not a big deal, will go in the box with the bubble level with no level. Lol. Shit happens so no worrries.

Alrighty, we've gotten quite a few of these out there. How's everyone liking the grips?!
I likey. Just FYI, the thumb rests are not compatible with AR’s that have an ambi-safety. The right side lever extends below the top of the grip.

I likey. Just FYI, the thumb rests are not compatible with AR’s that have an ambi-safety. The right side lever extends below the top of the grip.
Sadly I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that. But, that's why it's modular!

45° or 70° throw safety levers from Radian should help/fix the issue.

just ordered a grip and thumb rests today, a few weeks wait in the UK but that’s fine

Really nice looking. Went to order and saw it was available for backorder. Out of curiosity, what is the expected time between order and shipment? Just trying to calibrate my expectations when I order.

Really nice looking. Went to order and saw it was available for backorder. Out of curiosity, what is the expected time between order and shipment? Just trying to calibrate my expectations when I order.
It will definitely ship next week. I have everything in stock, we are slammed between levers, levels, caps, grips, etc so I just have things listed on backorder so someone can't order next day shipping and I am unable to fulfill their expectations.

So I just got shipping confirmation! Awesome :) you guys should update your website when you get a chance. I actually would have ordered it weeks ago... but every time I went to order... the interface with the selections and it saying it’s not in stock made me just hold off. When I ordered it, it was ordered “on back order” so I figured I would be waiting until they came back in stock.

but surprise surprise... you just shipped.... maybe that’s intentional... lol. But if not, you should make that interface a little better :)

It will definitely ship next week. I have everything in stock, we are slammed between levers, levels, caps, grips, etc so I just have things listed on backorder so someone can't order next day shipping and I am unable to fulfill their expectations.
Outstanding just placed my order ( Random texture grip + rests). Appreciate the quick response.

am thinking this would be nice on a Q Fix - if it can clear the safety