• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Check out this blade!

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
P1140648Medium_zpsf569b427.jpg

Guys,

As many of you might know, I've been working with custom knife maker Kim Breed to introduce a line of knives that are an exclusive offering from deltaoutdoorsman.com. Some VERY helpful opinions have been shared regarding a few of the prototypes we were evaluating, and now I have the FIRST production model that will be offered. The final design won Best Tactical Knife at the Ohio Classic Knife Show this past Fall, so what you're getting here is a blade with pedigree! We're calling it the Breed Light Fighter, and we'll be offering what you see in the pics here but with some customization options that each customer can select. From there, Mr. Breed will build the knife & we'll have it in the customer's hands within 2-3 weeks. Here are some of the specs & customization options:

--Made in the USA;
--Maker: Kim Breed;
--Model Designation: Model 12 or Model 14 (pictured here);
--OAL: 9.5 inches;
--Blade Length: 4.75 inches;
--Steel: 5160 High Carbon (sourced from Aldo with NJ Steel Baron);
--Hardness: Differentially Heat Treated;
--Sheath: Kydex with TEC-LOC and 550 cord tie down;
--Customization Options: Model 12 or 14, G10 in Desert Tan, Slate, or Hunter Green. Micarta in Black or Green Canvas. Flat or Hollow Grind;

A quick word about the maker, Kim Breed. A resident of Clarksville, TN, MSG(R). Breed's background includes military service as a Green Beret with 5th Special Forces. He is currently a Field Editor for Blade Magazine, and has extensive experience in designing knives that are intended to be USED & ABUSED and keep coming back for more. The "prototype" I posted for your evaluation in the previous thread is going to be the Model 12. The blade has a slight Persian curve to it, but is identical to the Model 14 picture here in every other way and has the same customization options.

I'll be adding this knife, along with a few others from Mr. Breed, to the deltaoutdoorsman.com website in the next day or two. I am VERY excited that this project has come to fruition, and sincerely appreciate the imput of those of you who have been following this evolution. Once added to the website, they will be available for ordering. ALL OF THESE BLADES CARRY A LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM KIM BREED. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, CALL HIM & HE'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU! Can't beat that!
If you have any questions regarding additional customiztion or have a special request, give me a call & I'm sure we'll be able to accomodate your needs.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, pricing for 'Hiders is going to be $224.00 SHIPPED within the lower 48 states. I'm going to try to hold that pricing as long as possible, as both Mr. Breed & I want to get these knives into your hands. I can't tell you how well balance & comfortable the one pictured here feels in my hands! You'll be wow'd with the quality & durability at pricing at or below a lot of similiar mass production knives out there...

Thanks for looking & let me know what you think!

Below are pics of the Model 14:
P1140663Medium_zps1989340f.jpg

P1140662Medium_zps3d550ecb.jpg

P1140661Medium_zpsd16c1287.jpg

P1140660Medium_zps1afe8720.jpg

P1140659Medium_zpsa957987d.jpg

P1140656Medium_zpsfd78e86a.jpg

P1140655Medium_zps5b255aeb.jpg

P1140654Medium_zps925b4498.jpg

P1140651Medium_zpse6f90b7d.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I love the blade design. You should have no problem moving such a quality piece at that price.

Mike