• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Check out this guy's "sniper rifle"....

Re: Check out this guy's "sniper rifle"....

seems like there's a sucker born every second when it comes to AR's!!

DAMN ITTTTT! He apparently already learned what a retard he is and decided to stop showcasing it.

Link no workie

Now it's up to the "select few" to inform the late-comers of this wonder-rifle. What was it?
crazy.gif

That sucks! It was some real funny shit....
Guy built an AR15 with some nice bottom end components and a BSA scope that he said was "clearer than the Leupolds I seen"
Then said it was a $3500 sniper rifle build!!!

Check out this custom sks..Every sks needs a detachable ar-15 carrying handle.

Picture%20017.jpg

Re: the SKS, I'm actually a little impressed with his (albiet misguided) engineering ability. Is that a Benelli trigger group and grip I see mounted to that turd?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: the SKS, I'm actually a little impressed with his (albiet misguided) engineering ability. Is that a Benelli trigger group and grip I see mounted to that turd? </div></div>
I think you MAY be mistaking the "SAW" grip for that of a Benelli. Looks similar but I think thats what your looking at though. Dont take this as gospel though, I have been wrong once before.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: the SKS, I'm actually a little impressed with his (albiet misguided) engineering ability. Is that a Benelli trigger group and grip I see mounted to that turd? </div></div>
laugh.gif

I thought it was a good rig.... not sure how he intends on employing the irons though, the rear is about 6in higher than the foresight.... haha

JJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was a good rig.... not sure how he intends on employing the irons though, the rear is about 6in higher than the foresight.... haha

JJ </div></div>

he planns to utilize it as artilery instead of a rifle
grin.gif

I just checked the link, I'm disappointed. Wish I could have seen this impressive piece of hardware. I'll take your guys word for it that it was impressive.

all I can really say is wow, how could someone put that much time and money into that? unless its purely just a joke. hahaha people just continue to amaze me.

Off topic but does SH have an award for longest thread? If not we need to get a jar and some change to fill it. I know it started long ago.......and it is inapproriate etc etc. BUt I had countless laughs and spent way too much time reading the famous Shankster thread.......59 pages or something........anyone who generates that much response should run for office or have TV talk show......Shankster could put Jerry Springer out of business.

Plus he's a dead ringer for my man Steve-O
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was a good rig.... not sure how he intends on employing the irons though, the rear is about 6in higher than the foresight.... haha

JJ </div></div>
He used a Co-witness setup with his NC-star so he will never need the irons when shtf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shankster got that picture from arf.com </div></div>

Untrue. But it doesn't surprise me you slurp the ARF balls.

Next time check the picture url before you post:

http://customsks.com/images/Picture%20017.jpg

There's "Proper Fucked"... aaaand then there's "<span style="font-style: italic">Tapco</span> Fucked"...

JJ </div></div>

Thats because its made for extreme range shooting.

maybe i'm a dumbass but doesnt the sks eject straight up? i dont see a deflector...looks like a jammin sumbitch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was a good rig.... not sure how he intends on employing the irons though, the rear is about 6in higher than the foresight.... haha

JJ </div></div>

he planns to utilize it as artilery instead of a rifle
grin.gif
</div></div>

Hasn't anyone read Enemies Foreign and Domestic?

Redneck SKS Xpirt = Hilarious.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8aHPRvE4tI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X8aHPRvE4tI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I think they should spend more time workn so they have more money to buy toys worth a shit

Shankster, I give you major props bro-where the fuck do you find this shit? Spray em down-an keep um wet. What else is there to say?
LMFAO!

+2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link no workie </div></div>

Buy what you can afford and shoot it is the catchphrase of the day.

What is it about SKSs that appeals so much to the dregs of the shooting community? Do any normal people own SKSs? I'd kind of like to own one, but I'm afraid it'll rot my brain and cause me to blow all my money on ATI, TAPCO, and NC Star.

It's because it's cheap and they work very well.Yep, I have one, though I must admit that I haven't done anything as exciting as clamp it in a vice or shoot dry turds with it...

I bought an SKS from a guy for about $60 who couldn't get it to shoot semi auto. I had it all of 15 minutes and had a manual downloaded and found the problem. The guy flipped up the grenade site thinking he was Rambo or something and didn't pay any attention to the gas regulator being shut off.
I took it out to the range and it had a couple failures due to it just being a piece but it shot semi auto like it should. I took a video on my phone and texted the guy. Sorry but the guy was a tool and if you're not going to do a little research on how to maintain your weapons you deserve getting shown up.
A few days later I sold it to a PV2 I was working with for $100 bucks. The kid was happy cuz he had a new toy and about 4-5 boxes of ammo to shoot. My wife wanted me to sell it since I already had an AK knock off and she just didn't like the SKS. They are a decent enough mess around gun for the price though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about SKSs that appeals so much to the dregs of the shooting community? Do any normal people own SKSs? I'd kind of like to own one, but I'm afraid it'll rot my brain and cause me to blow all my money on ATI, TAPCO, and NC Star. </div></div>

SKS = the poor oppressed man's AK.

I gave my nephew one for Christmas several years ago. When my brother saw it he sort of grumbled ans said that's what the VC carried in Vietnam. The nephew never tacticooled his up though. He just kept in like it was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about SKSs that appeals so much to the dregs of the shooting community? Do any normal people own SKSs? I'd kind of like to own one, but I'm afraid it'll rot my brain and cause me to blow all my money on ATI, TAPCO, and NC Star. </div></div>

In it's origional form the SKS is a handy little carbine with a fairly classic look. Unfortunately you flood the market with them for next to nothing and folks will try to turn them into something they're not. I've talked to more than a few folks about their "SKS [they] turned into an AK-47".

If the market were to be flooded with $90-150 M1 carbines or Garands I guarentee there'd be a lot of folks running around with them refitted to a cheap plastic folding stock and NC star optics.

It makes me cringe but I can't fault honest folks who are just trying to "improve upon" (in their eyes) a rifle that fits their budget and makes them smile, however unnecessary or detrimental the mods are. What really kills me is when assholes use them in crimes and it gets front page coverage as an evil "high-powered assault rifle"

I was wondering why he was wearing stupid gloves and a hydration pack. Then I relized he just hauled a vice into the middle of the forrest!

I remember when you could go to any sporting goods store and buy stacks of skses (?) for $50 a piece. I had possession of one for a while about 10 years ago. It was a Norinco with an ATI folding stock and a 30 round mag. It was a pretty good shooting little gun and ammo was really really cheap back then. I put many hundreds of rounds down range with it and it never gave me any problems. I wouldn't mind having another and if they were still $50 or $60 I would get one but I'd leave the wood stock on it and not try to make it something it isn't.

I cant believe I was considering throwing away $1500-$2000 on a "precision" rifle when I could put together that bad boy for under $200! I must be an idiot!