• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Check out this primer

lane223

Private
Minuteman
Here's the deal. In my Springfield 3.8gr of Vectan Ba-10 230gr RN FMJ. Very light load. No problems, great load. However, in a friends Taurus I get this. Looks like a piece of another primer welded/pressed on top of this primer. Factory Fiochi loads don't have this problem, and are much hotter. Any ideas of what is happening and more important a solution?

2rm1bww.jpg

Re: Check out this primer

firing pin drag. Taurus kinda sucked on this design. Lots of them do it sometimes due to light pin return spring. Just not a real good design you will just have to deal with it. Has been a concern for years on these

Mech, I thought something along those lines. I polished tip and back about 1/4". Think a heavy duty firing pin spring could help too?

Need to take it to the range and test again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lane223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Taurus </div></div>
^^^^^ is the main problem. Everyone I know has had issues with their Taurus. I sent my 357 in for repair twice, and my brother 3 times for his 45 ACP. I will never buy/own another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lane223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy who bought it said the NRA magazine he gets recomended it. Got to love gun mags. </div></div>

Any thing for a comped hunting trip to Africa! For the 2nd ammendment of course...

The mags are nice to read (I get 4 of them each month), but the mfg's pay big money to have articles and nice things written about their product. The writer's won't post big negative things, only very minor negatives at the end of the article in 1 or 2 sentences.