• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Checking In

Barry in IN

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
Indiana
I was surprised to see that the post I made earlier today was my first, so I thought I should do this.

I used to shoot Highpower until my back told me to quit. With Highpower shooters, there is always some crossover interest into the sniper/long range shooting areas. I was kinda forced away from all of that when my old club's range was closed and I lost my informal range about the same time. At the time, my precision rifles were a converted Win 70 Highpower rifle, a Steyr SSG, and a new-at-the-time AR-10(T). They all went away eventually due to lack of use.

A friend started taking to the family farm where we can get out to 600 or so (being along a river, where we can access depends on when it last rained) and the bug has bit me again. I used a Savage with SWFA 10x42 until I replaced my old SSG with a new one about a week ago.

Before then, I liked popping in here now and then. The DIY, fieldcraft, and reloading sections have always drawn my attention first, especially DIY.