• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek pad for bolt action hunting rifles

Darmento

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2022
Atlanta
I own two bolt action rifles that I want to use for long range shooting. Both of them have traditional hunting stocks. I bought a cheap pad on eBay for one of them, and although it does not fit well, I did notice that having a good cheek weld helped me a lot.

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that makes high quality pads that I can add to my rifles? They will have to be the kind you can strap around the stock… the material of my stock is too rough to use adhesive. Thx for any recommendations.

I have this and like it a lot. Well made and it has three different inserts to adjust height rather than be fixed height.
Of course, after a bit I just went and had Joe Ducos install a KMW adjustable cheek hdwr kit and don't use these types of pads. But I did like it for its purpose.

Also, if you search Amazon for Tourbon cheek piece it will return a slew of different models.
1652147490753.png

I dont need the cheek riser too much on my hunting rifle.

The cheek pad is nice when its really warm (speed goat season).
And when its super cold (was deer hunting at -13 F last year.