• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes cheek piece

rmcc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2008
IA
Does anyone have a source for raised cheek pieces? I am having trouble with my scope blacking out. Played around with a piece of closed cell foam added to the stock. Raising 1" brought me into perfect alignment. Most of the pads I see are 1/2". Am saving for a different stock, but for right now I am going to try the cheek pad.

Thanks,
Rich

Re: cheek piece

Brownells sell a self adhesive neoprene one that comes in several heights. I have used them for years on older low comb rifles with high mounted scopes to bring up the sighting line. 800-741-0015

Karsten makes a Kydex one that works really well but it doesn't come padded. I have it on some of my rifles. It looks really good on my McMillan A5.Installs in like 5 min and functions great.

Think they run about $50 to $60. Don't really remember.

Good luck.

If you're going to get a new stock anyway, just tape a piece of the closed cell foam on there. Problem solved.

Look up the Kartsen Tactical adjustable cheek rest. I added one to a rifle last week and its great. It was around $50.00 for the kit and its an easy install.

3/Out

As said above, Karsten makes a great product and he's a very good business person to deal with.

I installed his cheek pad on my stock and love it now!

0202_131132.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keydiverfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i use a kotex pad and an ace bandage. Unused naturally, lol.</div></div>

lol

I am sure that is experience speaking!!

Hey all! Thanks a lot. Emailed Karsten last night, had an answer this morning. Will order tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keydiverfla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i use a kotex pad and an ace bandage. Unused naturally, lol.</div></div>

lol

I am sure that is experience speaking!! </div></div>
More than I have time to write, but the Karsten's are top notch too
smile.gif