• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek Riser for 10/22 Takedown

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I bought a couple 10/22's just before Christmas.

One of them I have already turned into a Kidd custom, and am almost finished with it.

The other, a stainless 10/22 Takedown, I am leaving mostly stock. Basically added a few Kidd custom parts to make it function a little better and a set of Tech Sites to try out and see if I want to leave it or scope it with something compact.

In any case, the comb height, or whatever you would call it, the height of one's cheek weld to the stock, is ridiculously low. I can make it work, but neither of my 2 youngest daughters (9 & 10) can get anything close to a proper cheek weld. This is really the only complaint I have with the rifle as it functions perfectly so far and shoots plenty well with the Tech Sites.

So, rather than try and make a custom stock work or anything else crazy, I want to add a simple and functional cheek riser. I have never installed one, but it should be simple enough. What options are out there and what do you guys think I should look at? Thanks.

Re: Cheek Riser for 10/22 Takedown

I have the same problem and I've settled on just building one out of Kydex. There was a post on here a while back on how to do it.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3330300

If you do an internet search for DIY Kydex, there are a lot of folks out there with some good ideas. There are Youtube videos of some good looking Kydex holsters too. Best of all it's cheap!

Re: Cheek Riser for 10/22 Takedown

Thanks for the tip castle. I'm heading to the range and needed something now so I did the duct tape foam routine. seems fine for now. Will report back.