• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek riser grip tape: what to order?

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
So I have a KRG Gen 3 W3 chassis and it came with that POS small polymer cheek riser that is terribly uncomfortable especially with the recoil of my 338 lapua. I also have a XLR Element chassis which has a very nice cheek riser with that almost foam grip tape on there (ATI uses it on their shotgun stock too).

My question is where can I get something similar to this? KRG had an upgraded version but you also have to pay $30+ for it. In fine with the size and shape of my current one, just not jamming my cheek bone against it.

Anyone know what I should get or have some recommendations? If it's nice it'll be going on a couple other guns as well.

I would recommend the Cheek-Eez products: CHEEK-EEZ | Brownells

You apply it directly to your cheek riser. They come in many different thicknesses. I have the 1/4 inch version and I cut it to fit the shape of the Manners Cheek Riser. I never have cheek pain at the end of the day, which is not normally on other rifles given my very high cheek bones.

I would recommend the Cheek-Eez products: CHEEK-EEZ | Brownells

You apply it directly to your cheek riser. They come in many different thicknesses. I have the 1/4 inch version and I cut it to fit the shape of the Manners Cheek Riser. I never have cheek pain at the end of the day, which is not normally on other rifles given my very high cheek bones.

+1 Many guys I shoot trap with use the KICK-EZE/CHEEK-EZE. Some shoot 1000 rounds in a week so I trust them when they say it works to help with recoil.

I am a cheap bastard.

I have used this combination before, for both smallbore and highpower. Works great and outlasts grip tape and everything else:

Buy a REAL chamois cloth from the autoparts store. It's real leather.

Go to Walmart and buy double-sided 1/8" foam tape.

Apply double-sided foam tape to all surfaces you wish covered with chamois.

Ensure you apply the double-sided tape around the corners, so that the chamois leather is secured around the curves.

Absorbs sweat, holds up better than the synthetic stuff, and is really soft and comfortable.

And just so the wize asses don't think I"m talking about a "Sham-Wow"....

Chamois leather - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1smalljohnson