• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek Riser Suggestions

Mosley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
Pennsylvania
Thumbing through the photos I noticed a lot of you folks are using the same model of cheek piece/riser with their non-chassis systems stocks. (Such as B&C Medalist) It is the one with the 2 knobs and it seems like you have too drill through the stock.

Anyone have any information on this?
Looking for the Brand and Model, possibly a good source to get one! Thanks!

Rick

Re: Cheek Riser Suggestions

I think you're asking about a Karsten adjustable cheek rest. There's two different models, one has adjustable knobs and one has flat head screws that take an Allen wrench. If you get that model, don't forget that wrench because you will surely need to lower the rest to get your bolt out the first time you do.

I bought a used stock with one. If I was spending the money myself, I'd probably just get a stock pack. If we're talking an expensive stock such as a McMillan, I'd get the KMW Loggerhead installed.

AH! Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for! I google'd everything I could think of and just got Magpul or Combat Arms AR platform cheek risers.

I like the Logger Head style but It is going to be temporary on my OEM Steven's stock and hopefully once I finally get a B&C Medalist I will transfer it over to that!

I see that Tacticalworks sells them for $60 +S/H... How is that for a price?

I've bought two from Tactical Works, the price is the price. You won't find them any cheaper. Tactical Work Seemed very friendly though in keeping me current on order status. Recommend calling them to confirm availability.

I have a Karsten on two of my rifles. Because they do not move or give, they provide for a solid cheek weld with no ambiguity as pads that strap on the stock can.

What model do you all suggest? I see that (A) and (C) are fairly common and that (B) may not be made anymore.

I think that (C) the one with the knobs may be the way to go