• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cheek Saddle Add? Also, Cheek Weld With a Beard Tips

kellogg2185

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Looking to add a cheek saddle to a McMillan A3, is there a typical way this is done? Just order the kit from McMillan? Or are there other solid options out there? I have seen the ones that strap on with Velcro, but they are nearly the same price as the aluminum kit from McMillan.

Also, what about proper cheek weld with a beard? The fiberglass feels awful slick. I haven't shot in quite some time, and just dry firing the other day I noticed a sliding on the stock. Obviously the beard was not an issue while in the Corps, lol. I've seen AR stocks with raised stocks and a sort of rubber pad, is there anything like that as an aftermarket solution? My brief Google search while at work hasn't yielded anything decent. Thanks in advance for any guidance. PFA regarding the pad.
Daniel Defense Stock.png

Looking to add a cheek saddle to a McMillan A3, is there a typical way this is done? Just order the kit from McMillan? Or are there other solid options out there? I have seen the ones that strap on with Velcro, but they are nearly the same price as the aluminum kit from McMillan.

Also, what about proper cheek weld with a beard? The fiberglass feels awful slick. I haven't shot in quite some time, and just dry firing the other day I noticed a sliding on the stock. Obviously the beard was not an issue while in the Corps, lol.

I dunno, but you could ask this guy:

maxresdefault.jpg

You could also send it to Stocdoc for an adjustable cheek with KMW hardware, the biggest issue with add on styles is it actually increases the width and works to move your cheek weld away from the centerline of the rifle.
The KMW hardware allows both vertical and horizontal adjustability for a more refined fit.

i have always used adhesive backed craft foam (you can get it from and craft/ hobby store)......just peel, stick, and cut.......its not slippery but also not aggressive......and you can layer it if you need to add a little height.

Reactions: Diver160651
i have always used adhesive backed craft foam (you can get it from and craft/ hobby store)......just peel, stick, and cut.......its not slippery but also not aggressive......and you can layer it if you need to add a little height.
The stuff above is almost the same - but very cool in the sun -- not cold in the winter, never slippery -- and lasts a very long time.

God'-A-Grip has prefit and sheets of sorbane[sp?] with adhesive in thickeness from 1/8 in. to 3/8 inch. Gave just the right height and comfort on my Magpull stock. Not very exspensive about $20.00 for prefit and sheets for less. godagrip.com

With whiskers, I found that it provided a feel that was easier to duplicate from shot-to-shot. Whiskers caused me to shoot with a lighter/softer weld but provided a good indicator of wind changes to take note of. In long range consistency is king.

Thanks for the help fellas, I have some options to check out now. Appreciate it. No response from Tactical Beard Guy yet, lol...