• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chest rig advice

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
So normally I run a tac force molle vest in the winter and that's all well and good but this summer I'm doing a lot more shooting and its just a bit to hot for my liking.

so my question

what do you guys run for chest rigs for carbine, pistol and hydro?

looking to carry 4 to 8 AR mags 2 to 4 pistol mags.

if there is a good rig that is not hydration comparable I have a camelbak hawg 500 that i could run with it but would like to keep it all together.

I was looking at something like the TAG Phalanx Rig Type 4 Fury. looks to be a solid design and I like that the side pockets are removable and i could put a holster on the right side. if there is something out there similar to that but could carry a 3L calembak i would like to know

thanks

Re: chest rig advice

Check out BDStactical.com. They make a bunch of chest rigs and are based in Oceanside, CA; right outside the gates of Camp Pendleton.

Esstac boar or bush boar a1 with optional padded harness and hydration carrier.

+1+1 on the Bush Boar A1 (split front) I thought I liked my Eagle rig until I broke down and finally got the Esstac I'd been lusting after. Absolute top notch kit!

I do like that bush boar i only have one concern what is with the mag pouches? looks like they are all velcroed in? just not sure about the retention bungee when you really start ripping on them in competition.

not really bitching or trying to sound all tacticool just looking for information about just how well these hold up. (i kinda have a thing about velcro and have had it fail in the snow and ice a few times )

thanks for the suggestions though they are good looking kits

I used to run big chest rigs, full plate carriers with all of that and now I run a low pro
Tactical Tailor, mini mav with 4 AR Diamond Back Tactical mag pouches on my chest, I would look at Mayflower Research, ATS, even Blue Force Gear
2 pistol mags and a glock on my belt. I wear the chest rig high to clear the pistol and pistol mags.

06;

I understand your concern, I wondered the same thing myself but I can definitely say you don't need to be afraid of the velcro on the mag pouches. I bought mine after talking to a couple of guys who were very happy with the rigs performance in the sandbox. I've never been on a two-way range so when I get the chance to talk to someone that gets shot at for a living I tend to listen when they endorse a piece of gear. They didn't lead me astray: the pouches are very secure. I've been using mine for training and classes and the pouches don't budge even under stress, and it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> extremely well-made kit. As is all Esstac gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Colonel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out BDStactical.com. They make a bunch of chest rigs and are based in Oceanside, CA; right outside the gates of Camp Pendleton. </div></div>

I ordered a 308win rig from them, felt like they were overpriced but seemed like a quality product and I like some of their features that other rigs that I was aware of did not have. So I wait a long time to get it built in the specifications that I wanted. When I got it, unfortunately to my disappointment, the two middle magazine pockets did no fit my magpul AR10 magazine....unbelievable. I called to send it back to be repair and waited months, called again and they somehow loss my order in processing, it was finally just too long to wait, so I just returned it. To their credit though, they gave me a full refund.

Esstac also has kydex inserts to replace the bungie retention in their chest rigs and pouches. It's called a kywi. I've only played with them so far but they seem pretty good.

You can so the swap yourself in seconds per insert and switch back at any time.