• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chest Rig for short 7.62 mags

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
Just curious is anyone out there has tried running a chest rig when using shorter 7.62 mags like AIAW or Sako TRG mags. I really am interested in some of the options out there like the velocity systems mayflower, but they are built for a longer M1a 20 rounder. My little TRG can't even begin to fill it up.

I am looking for something that would hold 2-3 mags plus a few misc items like a kestral/range finder/compass.

Just curious is anyone out there has tried running a chest rig when using shorter 7.62 mags like AIAW or Sako TRG mags. I really am interested in some of the options out there like the velocity systems mayflower, but they are built for a longer M1a 20 rounder. My little TRG can't even begin to fill it up.

I am looking for something that would hold 2-3 mags plus a few misc items like a kestral/range finder/compass.
take a look at the Haley D3CRX-Heavy. the pouches are on the smaller side, so you can still retrieve 10-rounders even though 25-rd pmags will also fit. The GP pouches in it are sized specifically for binos and kestrel.

Reactions: Simonsza1
Check out the Esstac KYWI short/midlength line. They have singles, doubles and Triples, as well as placards that will attach to chest rigs or plate carriers. I can fit a 5rd M1A mag in those and my 10rd AICS mag fits perfectly too. I use one as a single on my belt as needed

I would suggest the HSGI Neo chest rig and then you can choose which pouches you want for them. It’s extremely comfortable and can hold soft armor if you wanted to.

Reactions: Sigmanx