• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cheveron reticle in something besides an ACOG?

McLarenross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Now that the Corps is using the RCO(TA-31 ACOG) for our rifle qualifications I want to get a scope for my DCM upper to practice with what we qual with but I am not a fan of the ACOG at all and cant see spending $1500 on a scope I dislike. So my question is, are there any scopes that have a similar cheveron reticle like the ACOG but not in an ACOG and preferably for less money?

Re: Cheveron reticle in something besides an ACOG?

USO has a chevron inside a circle.

I haven't heard anything, but great things, about that reticle.

The problem with this site is yall are all enablers. "dont wanna spend $1500 on an ACOG? Here look at this $2000 USO!" lol I wish I could spring for a USO but thats not in the cards either. Any more options out there?

Improvise, adapt, overcome.
A Marine should be able to acquire a "muscle memory" on different reticles.

I did it. Why can't you?

If you're not going to use the same optic to train with, I'd say focus on your positions and trigger control while using iron sights. Fundamentals boost the scores.

Lots of used ACOGs out there too at quite a discount. You don't have to pay top dollar.

One version of the Hensoldt 4x24 ZF has a circle chevron reticle. They are rare though and most have the German post reticle. The circle-chevron version (called "BLITS" - Beta LIt Telescopic Sight) sells for $400-700 when you can find one.

Fundamentals are constantly being worked on but shooting positional with an ACOG vs Irons is a lot different. I really with we would have left Table I with irons and Table II could use ACOGs. I am keeping my eye out for a good used ACOG but I was just wondering if there was something else out there.

If you really want to practice what you qual with, you'll need the Acog. Even if you find other chevron reticles, like with the US Optics, the chevron doesn't have the same meaning and thus is not used the same way.

There is a used Trijicon Acog USMC RCO-M4 on the hide right now with asking price of $1100 shipped.

Don't waste your money on anything. Just practice your fundamentals and do a lot of dry firing at home to save ammo cost.

Outside of a black market copy, you are not going to find something to do exactly what you want.

My suggestion is to get a low power optic and practice the fundamentals.

I'm surprised no one "deviled" him yet so I will.....

So look devil I would follow the advise of what many others have posted so far and go with a low power optic (ie 2.5-10 or something in that range) and practice your fundamentals. And yes I was speaking at you with a knife hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem with this site is yall are all enablers. "dont wanna spend $1500 on an ACOG? Here look at this $2000 USO!" lol I wish I could spring for a USO but thats not in the cards either. Any more options out there?</div></div>

USO SN4 1-4x Slimline is $1205 MSRP. I believe they have a military discount as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Improvise, adapt, overcome.
A Marine should be able to acquire a "muscle memory" on different reticles.

I did it. Why can't you? </div></div>

Someone is motivated... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol. Aye sir! (while standing at attention with a nasty cover and unbloused boots) </div></div>

lol

In all seriousness though, you can pick up an ACOG on here for about $700. Practice like you play, train like you fight.

But...As a few people mentioned on here if you develop your fundamentals you should be good to go on any optic or iron sight. Once your fundamentals are "zeroed in" it should only take you about a few shots (or preferably a few seconds as opposed to shots in order not to give away your position in a real life scenario e.g. As opposed to James Bond you may run our of ammo, lose your weapon, etc and have to man another weapon) to apply your well developed fundamentals to any kind of difference in sight picture(sight alignment should not be affected).

I hope this helps Devil.