• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cheyenne WY 2018 Precision Rifle Match Schedule

WyoWindCall

#youknowmorethanme
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
SE WYO
2018 PRECISION RIFLE MATCHES
Three distinctly different matches are held for precision rifle shooters

Single Firing Point Matches
February 18 March 18 November 18
Course stages may vary each month. All targets are engaged from one stationary firing point. All stages are timed. Firing positions vary and include prone, sitting, knelling, barricade or off hand. Targets are primarily steel plates
Ranging in distances from 50 to 1,000 yards, some paper targets may be included. Matches are generally between 35 and 40 rounds.
Match day sign up begins at 0730, signup closes 0815, shooting begins 0830

Two Gun Matches
April 15 July 15 September 15
Matches are four stages of combined carbine and handgun targets. Shooters will fire at multiple paper and steel targets. Stages require shooter movement, firing from various positions from cover or from behind barricades.
Round count is generally 100 carbine and up to 50 handgun.
Match day signup begins 0730, signup closes 0815, shooting begins 0830

Tactical Precision Matches
May 13 June 17 August 19 October 21
Positions for this match is limited to 12 shooters. Signup must be in advance of the match date. Signup procedures are found HERE.
Course stages, firing points and positions vary each match. Targets are primarily steel however some paper targets may be utilized. Plate sizes vary between 3” and 16” and distances vary from 50 to 1,000 yards. Shooters are required to walk up to 1 mile and must carry all personal and shooting gear between firing points. Matches are generally between 40 and 50 rounds.
Match day signup begins 0700, shooting begins 0800

Match fee for all matches is $15.00

Questions about these shoots can be directed to Glenn at [email protected]
To register go to the website below and click the link at the bottom for instructions or just email Glenn.

http://www.ottoroadshootingrange.com/regular-events/precision-rifle

Reactions: Bender
I just started shooting the 2 gun and long range matches there at Otto Rd, and they are a blast! Awesome group of folks out there that are all very helpful, awesome range, and just a great time! Otto rd range is my “home base” as far as ranges, and I plan on hitting up as many as the matches as I possibly can! See you out there.

Thanks for the shout out Wyzard! I know we are a small match out here but our range offers an awesome wind "course" for the match, Its a big Valley with several different wind calls at different directions just naturally caused by the terrain. The tactical matches are a "bring everything you need with you" match but you will walk less than 1/4 to 1/2 mile in total, its pretty low impact.

Cheers!

Hey, Cheyenne shooters. We should have a get together on a Saturday morning sometime this early summer so we can meet each other’s ugly mugs and shoot the shit while we shoot the plates. What you think?

Sorry for hijack.... I’ll try to make the matches as well!

Brent C.

Reactions: JMGlasgow