• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHF 308 Barrel $104.99 Shipped? I also like to live dangerously...

JS8588

Ballistic Hipster
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
NEPA
AR15Discounts.com appears to have the 20 inch 308 CHF Bear Creek Arsenal (I know) barrels under their house "NBS" Label (I said, I know!). Normally they sell them for about $119.99. BCA lists them for $399.99 (lol)

Well, right now they have an OVERSTOCK20 coupon making the damned thing $96. Shipping is $8.99 and they didn't charge me tax.

I've spent the last year telling myself I didn't need a 308 and the last 2 or 3 years convincing myself building an AR10 would be a bigger headache than I need.

Oh, well.

At least I know you'll all be here when I try building this out 2 years from now and I post an "AR10 Build Malfunction Troubleshooting" thread 🤣🤣

AR15Discounts.com appears to have the 20 inch 308 CHF Bear Creek Arsenal (I know) barrels under their house "NBS" Label (I said, I know!). Normally they sell them for about $119.99. BCA lists them for $399.99 (lol)

Well, right now they have an OVERSTOCK20 coupon making the damned thing $96. Shipping is $8.99 and they didn't charge me tax.

I've spent the last year telling myself I didn't need a 308 and the last 2 or 3 years convincing myself building an AR10 would be a bigger headache than I need.

Oh, well.

At least I know you'll all be here when I try building this out 2 years from now and I post an "AR10 Build Malfunction Troubleshooting" thread 🤣🤣
I’d genuinely like to hear how it shoots. People I know well that have rolled the BCA dice are happy with the results - their expectations were modest, price was excellent, and BCA delivered.

I’d genuinely like to hear how it shoots. People I know well that have rolled the BCA dice are happy with the results - their expectations were modest, price was excellent, and BCA delivered.
It really will be a while before I build this out. I've seen plenty of good and bad from BCA.

I also purchased a CHF 20 inch 556 and CHF 16 inch 7.62x39 barrel made by them with a very similar deal. I have the 7.62x39 barrel mostly built out. It's not a priority to finish, but when you have parts laying around...

I would like to see some bore scope pics... if you have a bore scope.

And pics of any barrel markings.

Reactions: JS8588
I might order one just for sh_ts and giggles. and assm. it with inexpensive parts.

Measuring various points, gas port size , barrel extension size... easy stuff.

I have wasted money on other fool hearted things.... just out of curiosity.

I would really like to see how "bad" this barrel could be. Lol

Reactions: JS8588
I might order one just for sh_ts and giggles. and assm. it with inexpensive parts.

Measuring various points, gas port size , barrel extension size... easy stuff.

I have wasted money on other fool hearted things.... just out of curiosity.

I would really like to see how "bad" this barrel could be. Lol
1713290373771.png

I posted this for anyone else wanting to roll the dice.

Beats putting $ towards your kid's college indoctrination.