• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chicken Fried Steak recipes .

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Man I've been cooking a bit lately . Ribs , chicken , tenderloin , steaks . Going to do some chicken fried steak . Thinking battered steak , turkey gravy mixed with spicy ranch , home fries and drop biscuits .
    What's your recipe .

I dont know anything about chicken fried steak. That doesn't even make sense - are you frying chicken or cubed steak?

Anyway - start here:

Country fried steak

Buttermilk, eggs , corn starch, flour, baking powder, and spices.

Wet then dry. Allow to sit on a rack a bit. Drop into 350 degree oil until done.

Shit won’t work above the Georgia/SC state line due to Yankees and all that.

ETA: Do not put turkey gravy on chicken fried steak. Only acceptable gravy is a white pepper graver. If you put turkey gravy on chicken fried steak you’re gay.

Must have some well trained chickens.....

IMG_5152.gif

Reactions: akmike47 and mtrmn
    Buttermilk, eggs , corn starch, flour, baking powder, and spices.

Wet then dry. Allow to sit on a rack a bit. Drop into 350 degree oil until done.

Shit won’t work above the Georgia/SC state line due to Yankees and all that.

ETA: Do not put turkey gravy on chicken fried steak. Only acceptable gravy is a white pepper graver. If you put turkey gravy on chicken fried steak you’re gay.
    I'm curious as to your white pepper gravy recipe. We have a 'green peppercorn sauce' recipe that we find is killer for a pepper-steak, but I'm curious about your 'white' one.

And around here, green peppercorns are not the easiest to find, so when we do we pick up a whack of 'em, then pickle them in seasoned brine, so that we can make the sauce year around.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Man I've been cooking a bit lately . Ribs , chicken , tenderloin , steaks . Going to do some chicken fried steak . Thinking battered steak , turkey gravy mixed with spicy ranch , home fries and drop biscuits .
    What's your recipe .
    IMG_5886.jpeg

chicken fried steak gets milk gravy

• Love
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    I'm curious as to your white pepper gravy recipe. We have a 'green peppercorn sauce' recipe that we find is killer for a pepper-steak, but I'm curious about your 'white' one.

And around here, green peppercorns are not the easiest to find, so when we do we pick up a whack of 'em, then pickle them in seasoned brine, so that we can make the sauce year around.
    It’s not white pepper. It’s a creamy gravy with black pepper, or pepper gravy.

Sorry for the confusion. Make a roux with drippings and flour, add milk and a shitload of fresh ground black pepper.

Beat cube steak with hammer.

Bread steak with eggs, flour, smashed cornflakes, and seasonings. Several trips through the egg and dry ingredients to build up a thick batter.

Fry in peanut oil.

Make gravy with milk, flour, and pepper. Sausage in the gravy is always acceptable if it's convenient.

Turkey gravy or brown gravy are sometimes done here as dinner steak while white is breakfast. I have no idea why, as brown gravy is not suitable for the instance.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    For my chicken fried steak, I would incorporate some corn starch into the flour if I want it extra crispy. You might try making a few with flap meat and see how they turn out too.

Reactions: Soulezoo