• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chicken Soup on Facebook

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Fellow member Switchblade and I visit on Facebook. He just put out a post and mentioned if you type 'Chicken Soup' into the search engine it takes you to:

Child Sexual Abuse Is Illegal​

We think your search might be associated with child sexual abuse. Child sexual abuse, or viewing sexual images or videos of children, can lead to imprisonment and other severe personal consequences. Child sexual exploitation causes extreme harm to children. Searching for and viewing abusive and exploitive material adds to that harm. There are organizations that can provide help and support if you’re having sexual thoughts about children. If you see this kind of activity on Facebook, report it to us and law enforcement. If you’ve experienced child abuse, please consider reaching out to a helpline, friend or trusted adult for support.

I tried it and sho nuff. Im wondering if thats a code word traffickers or abusers use. If youre a Fakebook user try it. No mercy for traffickers.

• Wow
    Reactions: theLBC
    Good thing grandma already has a recipe for chicken soup, and wouldn’t know how to access Facebook if she didn’t…

Kinda reminds me of the fucked up YouTube algorithm a few years back where if you typed into the search bar "how to" it would auto complete it to say "how to have sex with your children".

• Wow
    Reactions: Maggot
    Now, I am worried. When I was a kid, chicken soup was called "jewish penicillin."

I am not jewish, that I know of, but I was circumcised. (I thought once or twice about finding that doctor and telling him to put it back but, oh well, never mind.)

• Haha
    Reactions: AMGtuned
    What is kind of intriguing to me is - can't Facecrook just take people to actual Chicken Soup recipes, pictures etc? They have the algorithms already in place to shove very specific stuff into your feed depending on all kinds of personal info, they run facial recognition on every picture uploaded, etc etc. Or are they kind of saying "hey, search for chicken soup you perve, nudge nudge wink wink.

Social media and reality TV are the bearers of destruction for society.

Reactions: TheHorta