• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chime in on Adams & Bennett barrels for 10/22?

ak0prter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2010
TX
A friend of mine set me up with an Adams & Bennett 18" 1:16, 10/22, Houge overmolded stock, and an Osprey 3-9.

I was looking at doing a 10/22 build, or possibly a savage, but he owed me some cash and this is 100% new. It still hasnt been sighted in yet. Im looking for anyone that could recomend what type of ammo I should use for it. I was planning on using CCI minimags, but mostly since I already have them. I might try out fedral bulk, just for kicks.

Let me know if you have praises or horror stories, what I should keep or try to find.

Thanks for any help

Re: Chime in on Adams & Bennett barrels for 10/22?

I bought a .920 A&B about 10 years ago. It's on a nodak iron sight rifle but accuracy has been good with a variety of ammo.

I'm ashamed to admit how many of those 10-22 rifles I've built up and they shoot extremely well at 200 yards. The guys I shoot with like to place clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm (actually 208 yards to the berm) to pick them off with 22 rifles. The rifles are deadly in slaying those pigeons!

The reason that I mention our long range shooting is that we really push .22 ammo to its extreme limit and found some problems with many types of ammo.

We started out with WW bulk ammo and noticed a difference in sound between rounds. Bang! Bang! pop! Bank! the quieter rounds shot very low at 200 and we conclude that powder charge between rounds varied a lot. You may not shoot at 200 yards but it's obvious the powder charge issue would also have an effect on shorter target work. We just see it exaggerated at 200 yards.

All of the 550 packs do this. The Winchester in the smaller bulk packs do it less. The Remington bulk had an edge over the Federal which was the worst.

I refuse to buy match grade ammo as I can stand the occasional blooper round. You get exactly what you pay for, however, and you must choose if the blooper rounds are worth worrying about. If you like to shoot tight groups, a blooper will really mess up a group!

Flash

I have a & b cool comp and mine loves federal auto match bulk from Walmart

10745.jpg

My wife has an A&B barrel and it shoots great. Wonderful value.

It doesn't pay to take pics of the groups because you guys would think I only fired a single shot.