• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision China Coti

I currently have a COTI and am waiting on an ECOTI (first batch so hopefully this month) and I got to play with the Jerry C the other night. First impression is that it is pretty capable. Besides having a wider FOV and more resolution I really noticed the improvement in contrast. For example with the COTI I could only make about a face as a blob, where with the Jerry C I could actually make out features. It’s not so much that this was important, but it was noticeable.

The other thing is that with the COTI I almost always need to have the brightness high enough that I see the outline of the COTI’s FOV, however with the Jerry C hot things were clearly visible without seeing the FOV circle. This does seem important as the higher brightness tends to wash out the i2 image, so the improvement in contrast is a benefit. There are a number of settings on the COTI where I can adjust the contrast and brightness, so I plan on giving those a try since I was just using the factory defaults.

Reactions: jwramp
Yeah I think if the price were $4k the china coti would be much more palatable than $8400 ecoti.

The Ecoti looks have a one year warranty, does the china coti have a warranty at all?

Yeah I think if the price were $4k the china coti would be much more palatable than $8400 ecoti.

The Ecoti looks have a one year warranty, does the china coti have a warranty at all?

Having bought one and talked to the manufacturer. I believe we can get the China coti to 4k, as that's quite close to what I paid for mine.

I imagine getting a warranty would be difficult as it might come under ITAR, so you couldn't really ship it back to China without ITAR issues.

Having bought one and talked to the manufacturer. I believe we can get the China coti to 4k, as that's quite close to what I paid for mine.

I imagine getting a warranty would be difficult as it might come under ITAR, so you couldn't really ship it back to China without ITAR issues.
Could you possibly do a write-up and a few videos? I'm sure everyone would love to hear your impressions

Reactions: mikefraz
Could you possibly do a write-up and a few videos? I'm sure everyone would love to hear your impressions

Getting videos through it will be difficult as I don't' have a good way to film stuff other than putting my phone up to the eyepiece on my nods. Unfortunately I don't have a normal coti as a comparison, but my biggest remarks are as follows when comparing to coti videos that I see online:

1. There is be a boresighting issue, where the image in the JerryC is not overlapping completely with the image in the night vision. The is a issue as things in the thermal image are not where they should be.

2. The lines in the outline mode the lines are too thick obscuring much of the image especially compared to the PAS-29 COTI and ECOTI

3. The ability of the JerryC to separate background clutter from objects of interest and emphasize that portion of the image is worse than the PAS-29 COTI and ECOTI. This does not get significantly better when changing the contrast option in the menu. It seems that there is just too much contrast in the image, where the brighter/dimmer parts are too close together.

4. The increased FOV over the COTI seems to be amazing, as I can't imagine running with only 20 degrees FOV.

5. There is no illuminated circle across the whole image unlike the COTI, increasing night vision image contrast across the central portion of the visual arc.

6. Looking directly through the JerryC, the image quality seems to be very good and there maybe potential for the addition of a lens on the JerryC allowing it to be used stand alone during the day.

7. The detection range for cars/people is very good have detected a person around 300 meters away.

Reactions: mikefraz
Yea that’s what I have.

I have been in conversations with the manufacturer about these issues. They said they would look into it, but haven’t heard too much else

Jerry C uses iray sensor

I watched the vid on the COTI's but using the external red viewer to film the PAS 29 COTI performance was not really fair to it to make much of an evaluation against the ECOTI or China Coti.

Plus, the COTI's real role is best performed in Outline Mode slung on Isquared.

Methinks there is no greatly significant improvement for the dollars involved of the new iterations of the COTI over the original PAS 29A when all are used in the Outline Mode. Maybe some, but does not appear to be a Holly Shit moment.

None of them in any Mode will give you positive ID at distance and rightfully so at 1x with relatively small lens. YMMV

Reactions: stefan73
Where are you guys buying your China ECOTI's? What is the price?

I dont think there are too many in hands yet, before Nick's reviews there was almost zero info out there.

But now that Nick reviewed it vs the coti and it looks like a review vs the E-coti is in the works. The Jerry C looks like a very viable second tier alternative to the E-coti. Especially when considering the E-Coti is twice the price after taxes and fees. The AR features, at least currently, are also moot as there is no apk for .civ

I've inquired and a group buy at the price cajer got it for at 10+ units is good to go if we want to go that route.

But as previously mentioned (our brave early adaptor) Cajer's unit has a boresight issue. Even at 100yrds, his thermal image is slightly off with teh I2 image. Maybe he can shim it, Im not sure. Cajer has spoken and made it known to the mfg, but they havent gotten back to him on a fix. Its not known if this is a frequent or a one off QC issue. Though from the look of it its not exhibited on Nick's unit.

ALSO the big issue is since they become ITAR once they come in, the manufacturer cant warranty it as you cant send it back to them. They have stated they will send parts so you can try to fix it yourself.....it's better than nothing I guess and I would need that in writing. Sadly it'll probably stay that way until a big dog like UNV starts offering these at slightly higher price and offer in house warranty.

LMK what you guys think about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlsmith1
COTI vs ECOTI vs Jerry-C

Nick will have his full review up soon, and check out his Instagram/YouTube for more videos. In the meantime here are the key takeaways:

1) The COTI is a good entry level option for fusion tech. We could detect cows >300y away.

2) The increased 30deg FOV of the Jerry-C and ECOTI is a worthwhile upgrade from the 20deg of the COTI.

3) ECOTI in patrol and Jerry-C in full had similar image contrast and detail which is much better then the COTI. Jerry-C had slightly better focus/sharpness then the ECOTI, however this is not really important for detection and may just be a difference in focus distance between devices.

4) Paddle controls of the COTI and Jerry-C are better then the 3 buttons on the ECOTI, but after some use the 3 buttons are a non-issue.

5) If you have the cash, Jerry-C or ECOTI are definitely better then the COTI. Is the ECOTI worth 3k more then the Jerry-C, probably not, but Chinese company with no US presence vs American company so up to you.

6) 3x COTIs is completely un-useable as it is just too much information to process. Why 3 and not 4? You only need 3x to have a thermal image in all fields of view. Since they are not collimated, 2x in the central image would never match up and look like a mess.

7) My neck is still a little sore...

35F71A66-2EEF-4491-B014-F048E549B076.jpeg

COTI vs ECOTI vs Jerry-C

Nick will have his full review up soon, and check out his Instagram/YouTube for more videos. In the meantime here are the key takeaways:

1) The COTI is a good entry level option for fusion tech. We could detect cows >300y away.

2) The increased 30deg FOV of the Jerry-C and ECOTI is a worthwhile upgrade from the 20deg of the COTI.

3) ECOTI in patrol and Jerry-C in full had similar image contrast and detail which is much better then the COTI. Jerry-C had slightly better focus/sharpness then the ECOTI, however this is not really important for detection and may just be a difference in focus distance between devices.

4) Paddle controls of the COTI and Jerry-C are better then the 3 buttons on the ECOTI, but after some use the 3 buttons are a non-issue.

5) If you have the cash, Jerry-C or ECOTI are definitely better then the COTI. Is the ECOTI worth 3k more then the Jerry-C, probably not, but Chinese company with no US presence vs American company so up to you.

6) 3x COTIs is completely un-useable as it is just too much information to process. Why 3 and not 4? You only need 3x to have a thermal image in all fields of view. Since they are not collimated, 2x in the central image would never match up and look like a mess.

View attachment 7538088

You wear a scarf, you pansie. No wonder your neck is sore.

COTI vs ECOTI vs Jerry-C

View attachment 7538088
did the chinese coti need any brackets to mate with your QTVNG or was it able to mate with it right out of the box?

Any update on the issues Cajer raised in his January 4th post? Any progress from the manufacturer on addressing these issues?

> “1. There is a boresighting issue, where the image in the JerryC is not overlapping completely with the image in the night vision. There is an issue as things in the thermal image are not where they should be.”

Is there no way to go into the settings and make manual offset adjustments?

> “2. The lines in the outline mode are too thick obscuring much of the image especially compared to the PAS-29 COTI and ECOTI”

Any resolution on this?

> “3. The ability of the JerryC to separate background clutter from objects of interest and emphasize that portion of the image is worse than the PAS-29 COTI and ECOTI. This does not get significantly better when changing the contrast option in the menu. It seems that there is just too much contrast in the image, where the brighter/dimmer parts are too close together.”

Is there no way to go into the settings and manually adjust the gain?

Are you guys still getting a group buy together? Will the manufacturer still do the group buy at the $4k price he has been quoting Cajer and Zinny in their discussions with him?

If so, and pending clarification/resolution of the three issues above, count me in for the group buy.