• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision China Coti

zinny

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Some guy, obviously not affiliated with a vendor/the mfg, posted some deets over on arfcom. Seems like its got some teething issues. No AR, but 30 degree instead of 20 degree FOV. For shits and giggles I inquired with argus inc. how much 10 units would cost, gave me warm fuzzies as the price was less than a COTI.

So if they work out a finalized version that works a la mh25, would definetly be interested in trying one and SH group buy.

Some guy, obviously not affiliated with a vendor/the mfg, posted some deets over on arfcom. Seems like its got some teething issues. No AR, but 30 degree instead of 20 degree FOV. For shits and giggles I inquired with argus inc. how much 10 units would cost, gave me warm fuzzies as the price was less than a COTI.

So if they work out a finalized version that works a la mh25, would definetly be interested in trying one and SH group buy.

Interesting. What did they quote you and when?

Would hope this would drive US innovation and availability to civilians for more similar options

yeah i'm 100% in. i hope they don't jack up the price like i heard they did with the mh25

If we do a group buy I'm in assuming it's closer to the 3k side of the price range.

Yeah should be less unless their quote is wrong...
I want to clear up the battery housing detach issue the arfcom thread brought up with them and see if everything is good to go. Before anything else.

If everything checks out will start a GB. FYI this would be like the perest lasers. Mfg is overseas so any warranty (assuming 1 year) would be slow. For me, at the price they quoted im fine with that and potentials problems that may occur as an early adopter. YMMV.

all this speaking in secret code. whats the price? cheaper than coti... you talking about coti sale price or coti retail price? thats the difference between $5500 and $3000.

If it wasn't a quote mistake, after shipping and customs (adding a couple hundred for proper declaration and insured shipping) you're looking well under two grand.

Code because I want to see an invoice before they say something like "oops thats OUR price, your'd be twice that". Making me look like an ass infront of you guys enticing with price x only for it to be 2x.

Wonder if they actually tested it for IP67 or if they Chy-nah'd the stat.
From looking at the battery housing issue, my guess would be it is not IP67. But I would gladly seal around the edges for dust and water resistance

Reactions: Eliteuas
Yeah I would just cover all the important things, remove all easily removable things, spray the poop out of it with camp dry, re-install knobs, and then do the same to my spare

Yeah I would just cover all the important things, remove all easily removable things, spray the poop out of it with camp dry, re-install knobs, and then do the same to my spare

Right, but you shouldn't have to do any of this if it's IP67. The only way to overcome this, if they are seriously (LOL?) stating it's IP67 is to make them cheap as toilet paper, and as replaceable as motor oil.

Looks like it could be used with an 18650? Run time should be pretty good with one right?

If you can have them drop one off in Canada on the way over I am interested! Or ship up here, though ITAR might be a problem. Not sure how that works with China stuff.....

I don't think ITAR should have any effect on you buying Chinese goods.

You might think so, but it appears that if it lands in the US of A, suddenly foreign tech becomes ITAR. Go figure.

Been taking days at a time getting replies back, expect at least a couple weeks for an update folks.

I asked for an actual datasheet and directly brought up the issue that the reviewer on arfcom mentioned. They sent me a datasheet for the 1431 by accident... So be patient lol .

Reactions: NHPiper
Hey!
I am new to this site.
In Europe we have only resellers.. making profits of this, definantly higher prices than around the 2 grand dollar mark. (Given that was the correct info)
Im in on this as well, but given itar is what it is i don't think i can get in on the shared order.
Could it be possible however to get some information on the seller?

From the AR15 post, it magically has better in everything claimed specs, yet the stupid fucking Chinese that built this marvel couldn’t figure out how to not have the battery rattle around in the housing?

What else are they full of shit about?

I’ll let you guys beta test this China made shit first.

From the AR15 post, it magically has better in everything claimed specs, yet the stupid fucking Chinese that built this marvel couldn’t figure out how to not have the battery rattle around in the housing?

What else are they full of shit about?

I’ll let you guys beta test this China made shit first.
You sound upset, why do Chinese coronacotis make you so angry?

I just got a quote for 5k from some random on FB. Fuck that. Not even close to what I'm willing to pay for a COTI

Hi Guys sadly GB is dead. I inquired with Argus Inc initially, they quoted me $1080 for 10 units, needless to say I was ecstatic.

Turns out after about two weeks of back and forth they were trying to sell me their 1431 housings. Even though the entire conversation was always about the coti, never once were the 1431s mentioned....it was too good to be true. I swear its like grandparents, they're selective about what they hear. Its not they didnt hear/understand what you said, they just choose to ignore/ no acknowledge it.

Also inquired with alibaba merchants and directly to tier none thru facebook. Guys I wish they were as stupid as some seem to think they are, but none of them budged, lowest price was about 4 grand for ten (even 20) units. Flat out asked one of the alibaba vendors who changed their price from "$3000-8000" to "$7000-8000" wtf for the price change and if they'd honor the initial range, they gave me some BS of how that price was supposed to "entice" potential buyers.

I've done all I've got the resources to do, if someone has a cousin and have connections. Please take up the mantel, at 5 Gs would love horta to review it just to see. I'd be in at 3. But alas that seems not to be.

Hi Guys sadly GB is dead. I inquired with Argus Inc initially, they quoted me $1080 for 10 units, needless to say I was ecstatic.

Turns out after about two weeks of back and forth they were trying to sell me their 1431 housings. Even though the entire conversation was always about the coti, never once were the 1431s mentioned....it was too good to be true. I swear its like grandparents, they're selective about what they hear. Its not they didnt hear/understand what you said, they just choose to ignore/ no acknowledge it.

Also inquired with alibaba merchants and directly to tier none thru facebook. Guys I wish they were as stupid as some seem to think they are, but none of them budged, lowest price was about 4 grand for ten (even 20) units. Flat out asked one of the alibaba vendors who changed their price from "$3000-8000" to "$7000-8000" wtf for the price change and if they'd honor the initial range, they gave me some BS of how that price was supposed to "entice" potential buyers.

I've done all I've got the resources to do, if someone has a cousin and have connections. Please take up the mantel, at 5 Gs would love horta to review it just to see. I'd be in at 3. But alas that seems not to be.
Sounds like Sum Ting Wong has done wonged you.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” – Sun Tzu

Reactions: camocorvette
4k for a 640 core device with 30 deg FOV still sounds decent, but on the flip side it is an unproven Chinese copy. I wish Safran/Optics 1 would sell us the ECOTI/ECOSI devices, although it would be nearly twice the money...

4k for a 640 core device with 30 deg FOV still sounds decent, but on the flip side it is an unproven Chinese copy. I wish Safran/Optics 1 would sell us the ECOTI/ECOSI devices, although it would be nearly twice the money...

If we can find 9 other people who want to do it, I am willing to try it out for 4k.

If we can find 9 other people who want to do it, I am willing to try it out for 4k.
Pas 29 A COTI is solid kit. I would stick with that. Where a COTI really shines is where you don't want an O SHIT moment.

Pas 29 A COTI is solid kit. I would stick with that. Where a COTI really shines is where you don't want an O SHIT moment.

I'm a bit hesitant due to it's 30 hz refresh rate/narrow field of view. Do you notice the 30 hz rate?

I'm a bit hesitant due to it's 30 hz refresh rate/narrow field of view. Do you notice the 30 hz rate?
If you shake your head like you are trying to dry it off, the coti is awful. If you are acting like a normal person, it isn't a great image, but it does what it is designed to do.

No, it does great. And I have a good bit of other thermal to compare it too. Stick with the Pas 29 A Coti for the win. Probably even a better all round unit than the E Coti due to they screwed the controls up on the E Coti.

So I talked to the guy who selling the chicom ecoti. It's the same guy that Nick got his from so the source is legit. Asked him about the group buy and he said if I got 5 people it would be $4850. I asked him if I got 10 what the price would be and he said he would have to see.

Did they fix the battery issues? Will they send one as a test product before everyone blindly throws in $5k?

So I talked to the guy who selling the chicom ecoti. It's the same guy that Nick got his from so the source is legit. Asked him about the group buy and he said if I got 5 people it would be $4850. I asked him if I got 10 what the price would be and he said he would have to see.

PM'd, I believe we may actually be able to do better than that if we're serious.

BUT there seems to be other testing issues with it. A member here got one and was nice enough to be a forerunner. I'll leave it to them if they wish to share their experience.

Did they fix the battery issues? Will they send one as a test product before everyone blindly throws in $5k?

Watch for Nick Chen to do a review of it on the Firearms Blog and then we can see if people still wanna buy it.

Reactions: redrad
I've gotten a better deal when I dealt directly with the Chinese manufacturer. I have a unit and have been talking to Zinny about it.

It was more than a 10% discount off of the prince shinne quoted. Also there were never any battery issues. It's just designed to be used on flat top 18650's not the ones with a protruding positive end.

Reactions: redrad