• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

China"s economy tanking?

Re: China"s economy tanking?

War, I dont think so. what it sounds like is that they are about to go through what we just went/are now going through. The difference is that they dont have a solid base for (re)development like we do. The fact that they hold a lot of our debt is minimal, just like the Japanese who owned half the high rise buildings in Houston during the bust in the 80's. They held the titles but they were on our land. Want it?....come get it.

My guess is that it will just lead to a deepening of our problem, and a lenthening of our recovery. China has signifigant other problems, as stated in the article, including RUNAWAY pollution and far more serious energy supply problems than we do.

Just like with or plight, you reap what you sow, what goes around comes around. Fuck'em.

It would be nice if we seized the opportunity of an unstable economy over there and started manufacturing shit here again, and break the current streak of importing their junk. It's the least we can do since we don't charge them dick to drop their crap over here.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be nice if we seized the opportunity of an unstable economy over there and started manufacturing shit here again, and break the current streak of importing their junk. It's the least we can do since we don't charge them dick to drop their crap over here.

Kelly </div></div>

The current crop of Chinese junk, if moved, would go to the next cheapest place to manufacture, i.e. the Philippines or the like. It'll take tariffs and/or a major shift in economic power to bring manufacturing back to the US

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be nice if we seized the opportunity of an unstable economy over there and started manufacturing shit here again, and break the current streak of importing their junk. It's the least we can do since we don't charge them dick to drop their crap over here.

Kelly </div></div>

The current crop of Chinese junk, if moved, would go to the next cheapest place to manufacture, i.e. the Philippines or the like. It'll take tariffs and/or a major shift in economic power to bring manufacturing back to the US </div></div>

No more needs to be said than that.

I won't even try to argue with that, I agree with it. I was just thinking the jobs we could secure over here, from what would be left over from the other countries in that region, would be a step in the right direction.

boom and bust baby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be nice if we seized the opportunity of an unstable economy over there and started manufacturing shit here again, and break the current streak of importing their junk. It's the least we can do since we don't charge them dick to drop their crap over here.

Kelly </div></div>

The current crop of Chinese junk, if moved, would go to the next cheapest place to manufacture, i.e. the Philippines or the like. <span style="text-decoration: underline">It'll take tariffs and/or a major shift in economic power to bring manufacturing back to the US</span>
</div></div>

If we actually started reordering our priorities when buying or making capital acquisitions and shifted "Lowest price" from first to somewhere behind "Finest quality" "Most dependable", "Not made by slave labor", etc., we wouldn't need asshat politicians erecting business stifling tariffs. In fact tariffs only beget trade wars.

Smoot-Hawley anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot–Hawley_Tariff_Act