• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chinese Reloading Components?

Lange Carabine

Jesucristo es el Senor
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Not of this world
I was reading a thread on another forum about the current ammo/component shortage and one poster said a freind in so cal had to shut down his ammo mfg business because most of the materials/components he uses come from China and he cant get them because they are being held up on account of some kind of tariff dispute.
I wasnt aware that any of the reloading components available in the U.S.A. came from China, although it wouldn't surprise me much if they are.
A quick web search did show that some steel/tungsten shot and loading tools are of Chinese origins, but nothing about bullets, powder, primers or brass ect. for metallic cartridges.
I asked the poster for more info but havent recieved any yet.
Anybody got any intel on these alleged Chinese components? Brand names? Distributors?

Maybe he was talking in general, or maybe just thinking of reloading tools/accessories and not just components? I have Russian primers, American Australian Czech and Canadian powders, American (I'm pretty sure) bullets, and a smattering of Brazilian and American brass. Can't remember ever seeing anything from China (either of them) in the way of components.

Maybe he was referring to the Chinese demand for base materials? I know that one gets brought up a lot.