• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHMBER 270 OR DUMP IT.

swampbuck

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2012
Mississippi
I recently came into ownership of a custom sporter contour 10 twist 270 barrel. I've never had a 270 before but I have a 6.5 and three 7mm rifles. I've never needed a 270 before but it was agreat deal to help a fella out. I'm thinking maybe a 6.8 spc youth project for my son or a 270 wsm for myself. Should I hold onto it and give the 270 a try or stick with my 6.5 and 7mm's.

Re: CHMBER 270 OR DUMP IT.

Do a .270 Winchester. Standard. Will do for anything in the lower 48 states and ammo is available everywhere.

I have a pre-64 winchester in 270, its an awesome hunting rifle! But it isn't used as much of a target rifle, but it is a very nice round!

I like my 280 remington because it can serve the dual role (Longrange and hunting) with no problem. But, since I've come into this barrel I might try the Matrix 165 for the 270. Don't think that to 10 twist will stabilize the 175 grain but the 165 should do ok. Does any body have any experience with this bullet twist combo. And how far out should the plain 140 and 150 be good for?

Thanks for the help guys.