• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Choate stock for my model 700

cmh2007

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Katy TX
i would love to get a mcmillan a4 or 5, but dont have the funds. what opinions do yall have of the choate stocks? i have heard good and bad, most bad i have seen, is the grip is too big, i shouldnt have a problem with that.

Re: Choate stock for my model 700

Hold out for the McMillan. Bell&Carlson might do the trick until then.

I have the Choate Tactical on my SPS Tactical. It is what it is for the price. A little weighty and fat, however built like a tank. It improved my groups from about .650 moa to .350 moa indoors at 100 yards, with handloads.

There is a extensive review on this stock here somewhere I believe, also over on Sniper Central.

I personally like the Choate tactical that looks like an A5 and I didnt have to spend 600 for it either. The one thing I really like about it is the Vblock aluminum bedding. You really do not need to do any kind of extra bedding for this stock like you would on an MCM or BC. Combatstocks.com is the best place to get one. Spend the money you have left on some good glass. Ive got big hands so I like the grip and the weight doesnt bother me that much. It will get used for deer season.
DSC01148.jpg

Whoa nice paint job bdh308-first Choate I have seen painted. Krylon job??? And what may I ask did you use for the pattern???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Whoa nice paint job bdh308-first Choate I have seen painted. Krylon job??? And what may I ask did you use for the pattern???

</div></div>
Yes sir..Krylon. I used a paint grate and just held it over it while spraying it. Its ok but Ive seen some badass krylon jobs. This was the second time I used krylon...the first being on my 10/22.

Suprisingly a well made plastic copy of the A5. I recently picked up a Savage that came with the Choate. It seems that the few online places that sell them are out of stock for the Remington model. It's a great buy at under $200 if you can find them. I sprayed mine with Krylon too.

IMG_0868ED.jpg

10fplft.jpg

Just as I said...Nice work El Gordo. Some people have straight painting talent and El Gordo is one of those. Excellent Krylon job!