• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Choate ultimate sniper stock

freebird63

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Boise, Idaho USA
Anyone have any experience with this stock?? My present stock on my sendero is making life hard for me and am looking for a possible replacement stock. But I don't know if it will work for the application I am wanting. I am also looking at having a wyatt extended box magazine installed and a timney trigger. I emailed the company for answers and thought I would throw out the question here.
Chuck

Re: Choate ultimate sniper stock

do a google search
i researched them and ended up getting the bell and carlson light tactical. From what everyone says the Choate is heavy and i pack my rifle walking in the woods and on the farm.
as far as function the choate has great reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: freebird63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any experience with this stock??</div></div>Maybe don't rush out and buy anything just yet. This site would be a good place to research that question, though.

I had one and can attest that it is truly a heavy piece. I sold it and upgraded to a McRees, because the Choate did not allow some additions that I wanted.

My advice is to find someone near you that can let you handle one. I wish I had put my hands on one before I bought it.