• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Choate Ultimate Varmint and Badger DBM

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
is it possible to drill out the trigger guard and install the badger ordnance DBM? I saw one of the rifles at one of zak smith's shoot had a detachable magazine system on it.

thanks.

Re: Choate Ultimate Varmint and Badger DBM

I'm sure someone on here will know, but you can call Choate. They are very nice and will answer all your questions right then and there on the phone.

Zak has said in the past that is a very custom job by someone who had a machine shop and time to spare. He advised based on construction of the stock it was not a typical DIY option.

get the new choate tactical stock. i just received mine and i am VERY impressed with it. it is BDL.

chuck

A smith I was at a few years ago had one on display that he had done. It looked nice but if I remembered he wanted a lot more to mill it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much was it costing overall? Did it have a price tag? </div></div>
No it didn't have a price tag on it because it was a customer’s gun. I just ask how much more it was to mill it verses buying just the stock. If I remember he wanted $100 or $120 just for opening up the stock. I told him no thanks. I have a milling machine now and may try one of mine if I can find a DBM that isn't too much.