• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Choices, Choices... Help me decide.

WxWatcher

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Norman, OK
Hey yinz guys. So I finished building my AR and got my tax money, so looking to put some glass on her. I'm running a RA Ultramatch 16", and my shooting will primarily inside of 300 yards (majority, likely inside of 200), with the occasional pig hunt on my buddy's land in TX to try to clear some of those walking garbage disposals off his property. I'm liking a nice 1-4x or, even better, a 1-6x. My budget isn't huge, I can go to about $500-600. I've narrowed it down to a few choices, so please provide feedback if you have any experience with these: Burris XTR 1-4, Primary Arms 1-6, and I'm liking what a saw on BigJimFish's review of the Optisan 1-6 with mudskipper reticle. I know the last isn't out yet (April is what I've heard) but know Optisan has other versions of the 1-6 out, so any general brand feedback is ok. The Vortex Viper PST 1-4 is in that price range too, but having shot a friend's I just wasn't fond of it. Glass was nice but I had a hard time picking up the reticle. Open to other suggestions, but please keep in mind my budget and I have a preference to keep it a 1x-?x power. My thanks in advance.