• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Choose my glass

jerrad

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2008
East Texas
Guys,
I have about $500 to spend on a scope and rings. The longest shot I plan on making is 1000 yards. I've narrowed it down to the Falcon, SS, or vortex scopes. Which would you choose and what power would you pick.
Thanks
Jerrad

Re: Choose my glass

take that 500 bucks, put it in an investment and build it to 2000, then get a Night Force and a good set of Rings

Only 1000 yds? Man you need to step it up
wink.gif
Go with the falcon 5-25x50 with which ever reticle floats your boat. Then get some burris extreme tactical rings off of here or egay for about $30 and order an EGW 20moa base for $40. That will put you about $50 over budget. If thats too costly theres always the Millett LRS-1 that comes with rings.

Just out of curiosity what is this scope gonna go on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that 500 bucks, put it in an investment and build it to 2000, then get a Night Force and a good set of Rings</div></div>
That would take 10 years with my wife tracking the funds. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilbux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only 1000 yds? Man you need to step it up
wink.gif
Go with the falcon 5-25x50 with which ever reticle floats your boat. Then get some burris extreme tactical rings off of here or egay for about $30 and order an EGW 20moa base for $40. That will put you about $50 over budget. If thats too costly theres always the Millett LRS-1 that comes with rings.

Just out of curiosity what is this scope gonna go on? </div></div>
I already have a 20moa base, rings and scope are all that's needed now.

It's going on a savage 10 fcp with a hs precision stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that 500 bucks, put it in an investment and build it to 2000, then get a Night Force and a good set of Rings</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">That would take 10 years with my wife tracking the funds. lol </span></div></div>

I think you need to open an Individual Fun Account (IFA) with online only statement... smile

Make sure that you have a rogue email address with that online statement.

Stick a couple hundred more with it and go with a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 and get a ballistic knob from Kenton Industries for another $80. This is the one that I run on my HS Precision .300wsm. Let me know if you need a hookup.

what style of shooting u plan on shooting? im looking at a vortex for my .22 rifle, its made for center fire, but its the target 8-32 and its got about 75 moa of travel. that will make it to 1000 pending the caliber u shoot. ibe got a set of 30mm med height warnes if your interested in them. ill sell em to ya for 50 plus shipping