• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Choosing a Suppesor

Is your yhm muzzle device one of their qd brakes?

If so and you dont want to change it you can get a Resonator.

My real answer is get rid of the yhm and buy an OSS hx-qd 762 ti.

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I have a Yankee Hill muzzle break on my .308 AR10. What would be the best can to put on that rifle ???
You need to decide what can would fir your rifle best, there are a ton of options out there to choose from. Is it a bolt gun, is it a semi, what caliber is it, what application is it for? These are the questions that need to be answered to help you choose. Most supressors these days come with their own mounts so you can always remove the YHM mount you have now.

Go to Silencer Shop to look around and read reviews and cross reference with Pew Science to further research. This is an investment that has a long wait time so you want to be confident in your choice.

Cans to check out:

Bolt Gun:
Thunder Beast Ultra 9 Gen 2 30 cal
CGS Hyperion
Dead Air Nomad

Semi:
Dead Air Sandman S
Surefire RC2 7.62
Silencerco Omega

Give these a look, they should get you pointed in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
TK

I have a Yankee Hill muzzle break on my .308 AR10. What would be the best can to put on that rifle ???

Who manufactured the AR10?

What barrel and gas length.

Stock buffer?

Current ejection pattern?

AR10's are generally more susceptible to gas issues.

The OSS is the easy button. It requires little to no tuning.

The Hyperion K, Sandman-S, KGM R30, 762 rc2, etc are lower back pressure as well but not to the extent of the OSS. You will likely need to tune your gun for the others to not be overgassed.

If you don't mind mild tuning the Hyperion K is a great option.

If you were building an AR10 and could go with a short dwell length my recommendation would change (helios qd ti or Nomad for example) Most factory options don't have a short dwell length though.

The resonator k is low back pressure but it's also pretty short and it's definitely not the quietest option.