• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Choosing between scopes

Avigerman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2020
Scappoose
I'm deciding between a bushnell xrs 3 and a athlon cronus. I can get them both for the same price. I am having trouble deciding between the 2. I have no experience with either scope previously. What are some pros and cons of each.

I currently have a Bushnell XRS 4.5-27, tracks very well for me. but i hear the Athlon Cronus has great glass.

I personally think the Athlon reticle is amazing. Both the MOA (APLR5) and Mil (APRS6) versions are super clean and easy to read. I have never even touched the Bushnell so I can not give you a comparison but the Cronus is a great scope. Great glass, turrets are audible and crisp, not slop, Illum is useable in the daytime....IMO the best scope you can get for the price.

The Tract Toric, Maven Rs4 and Delta Stryker are also good for that price.

I currently run an XRS3 and I love it. Eye box is awesome, tracking has been flawless, the top end magnification is nice too. Glass is fantastic, and I really like the reticle. If you like .25 mil reticles I think you'll be happy with the XRS3 and G4P. If I had a complaint, the turrets aren't as crisp as they could be. I never find myself miss counting or skipping clicks though.