• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Arms ranger issues

whamwham

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2020
So I've shot 12 different brands of ammo so far and I've gotten misfires in every brand, reset the firing pin and most of the time they will fire. Another issue im having is feeding is rough and probably 50% of the time it won't throw the shell out of the ejector, just hangs on the end of the bolt. Anyone else having these issues?

In my experience these Christensen Arms rifles are not well made. They can not reproduce the computer printed target results that they send with the rifles.
I know this brand has been trashed before, but for good reason. I spent stupid money to buy a Summit and two TFM rifles. That is the CA top of the line Titanium rifles with the 1/2" accuracy guaranty. A Summit 26 Nosler, a TFM .300WM and a .300 Blackout TFM.

Neither of these will meet the promise. The Blackout will do 1". The other 2 are 1.5"-2" with loads they like. I sent the Summit back complaining about the bad accuracy. They responded with a email stating that I was correct. The rifle did not meet their standards for accuracy. They replaced the barrel and sent it back to me with another one of their fake generated targets groups. I retested it. It still shot lousy groups. I recently had the 26 Nosler Summit and the .300WM TFM barrelled with Proof Carbon barrels by a company in Texas. The 26 Nosler now shoots .362", 366",.374" groups. First 3 tries after I got it back. The TFM 300WM now shoots .399", .408" two tries. I will never buy another Christensen Arms rifle again. You may get lucky and it may shoot pretty good. All mine sucked.

In my experience these Christensen Arms rifles are not well made. They can not reproduce the computer printed target results that they send with the rifles.
I know this brand has been trashed before, but for good reason. I spent stupid money to buy a Summit and two TFM rifles. That is the CA top of the line Titanium rifles with the 1/2" accuracy guaranty. A Summit 26 Nosler, a TFM .300WM and a .300 Blackout TFM.

Neither of these will meet the promise. The Blackout will do 1". The other 2 are 1.5"-2" with loads they like. I sent the Summit back complaining about the bad accuracy. They responded with a email stating that I was correct. The rifle did not meet their standards for accuracy. They replaced the barrel and sent it back to me with another one of their fake generated targets groups. I retested it. It still shot lousy groups. I recently had the 26 Nosler Summit and the .300WM TFM barrelled with Proof Carbon barrels by a company in Texas. The 26 Nosler now shoots .362", 366",.374" groups. First 3 tries after I got it back. The TFM 300WM now shoots .399", .408" two tries. I will never buy another Christensen Arms rifle again. You may get lucky and it may shoot pretty good. All mine sucked.

They send fake printed out target groups? Can I see a picture? Seems sketchy.... why wouldn't they just shoot the gun and send a real target with real bullet holes in it? Lol I was considering getting one these .22 rangers but now I'm thinking that will be a no on my end.

They send fake printed out target groups? Can I see a picture? Seems sketchy.... why wouldn't they just shoot the gun and send a real target with real bullet holes in it? Lol I was considering getting one these .22 rangers but now I'm thinking that will be a no on my end.
Yes, I can take a picture of one or two. I still have them somewhere in my "gun room". The guys that put the new barrels on the Christensen guns actually shot it off bags and cut out the target to include with the guns. Christensen generates a sheet with a simulated target on it. No Holes. The simulated target is also much smaller than the actual caliber is.

Damn that's weird...
I agree. Those rifles are very expensive. Unacceptable that they do not shoot as advertised.
I paid over $5,000 each with tax for each rifle. Over $15,000.00 expecting to get what I paid for. I have a lot of accurate rifles. Rifles that cost much more and rifles that cost much less. I was surprised that none of them could meet or get close to their claim. I have factory AR-15 rifles that shoot under 1/2 MOA. And bolt guns from AI, Sako, and others that shoot one hole. .190", .242" etc. I placed the 3 different Christensen guns on bags, On a bipod, on a $2,000 competition rest. They had no capability to shoot good. All three had sub-par barrels.
Then the need to pay for new barrels from another manufacturer to be installed by a 3rd party. On top of the original cost.
The guys that installed the new barrels asked me if I wanted the Christensen barrels that came on the rifles. They were new barrels. I told him to throw them in the trash. A great gunsmith in College Station, Texas installed the new ones.

Recently purchased one and finally got it down to about 2.5” groups at 200 yards with Eley tenex ammo. Had to re manufacture the bottom metal in aluminum and bed the action. Changed the trigger to TriggerTech Diamond and also bedded the bottom metal. Shoots great now. Would stay away from these unless you are an experienced smith.

I have a tfm in 300wsm and have killed a lot of deer with it out to 600. I have serial #2 and had to send it in twice for feeding issues.

Sad because the stock is awesome and the setup is still lighter than both my custom all carbon rigs. Would like to rebarrel to a proof like you did. What did you end up going with and what company did it?

Can other ranger owners please continue real world feed back in this thread. I have a CA MPR and am considering a ranger vs tikka t1x vs cz 527... love the fact it uses ruger mags. Got burned on a bergara 22 carbon 'ruger copy'and have been skeptical since.
My .338 mpr shoots very well with handloads and a suppressor But I will not shed a tear the day it is time to rebarrel.
will be getting a proof.

I have 2 rangers I bought for my boys, one had to go back because of failure to eject, they had it for about 2 weeks and now it’s good to go. Accuracy with SK sv has been excellent. I have a Vudoo sinister, will they hang with that, NO, my anschutz 17/12,NO. But anything in the price point of the ranger accuracy will be as good or better. They where a little stiff at first but after several bricks they are considerably smoother to work the bolt.

Can other ranger owners please continue real world feed back in this thread. I have a CA MPR and am considering a ranger vs tikka t1x vs cz 527... love the fact it uses ruger mags. Got burned on a bergara 22 carbon 'ruger copy'and have been skeptical since.
My .338 mpr shoots very well with handloads and a suppressor But I will not shed a tear the day it is time to rebarrel.
will be getting a proof.
Real world feedback: Don't, just don't. I asked CA to send the Ranger back as I am going to be disposing of it in a non-gentle manner.