• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Christian Bale - The Pale Blue Eye - Netflix.

Excellent cast, shockingly twisty story, very satisfying right to the end. Period piece dealing with 19th Century West Point.

Four stars. This one may haunt me a bit.

Greg
Trailer looks interesting. Hudson River is beautiful at that point.

When I lived back in the East, West Point was a place I would revisit, time and again.

Bear mountain, too; especially the Revolutionary War Redoubts. We'd travel up the Hudson from Manhattan's West Side Docks, on the Bear Mountain Day Liner paddle wheel.

Greg

I'm glad you post this, because I was considering this one, but wasn't yet sure it would be worth a try. Sounds like it is.

Reactions: ewoaf
Played on the West Point Auxiliary Services Junior hockey team back in the 70's. Many memories of being there in the winter playing at Smith Arena. West Point's coach at the time was Jack Riley who coached the 1960 US team that won the Gold Medal.

Filmed nowhere near West Point, but great set, great cast/ acting/ costuming. An exceptionally rare period piece as it's actually quite spot on for accuracy of material culture. It actually has to do with E A Poe while he was at the Point. Harry Melling nails the character of Poe and employs the period Virginia accent to a tee.

I just happened to catch it the other night and was surprised to see a particularly familiar carriage in the opening scenes, as it was the same one we used for a show just a couple months after they wrapped. In spring while our project has this carriage, we're trying to get creative with it as our context predates WP, much less victorian carriages. I end up standing in by sitting in the same seat Christian Bale was sitting. As I'm watching this I put 2 and 2 together and I was most likely the first person to sit there after CB. Immediately I'm texting the actors that were filming in it telling them to check it out.

I'm really disappointed I wasn't aware of this. Yes Gillian Anderson is still fine AF, especially in 1830s silk gigot sleeves.

Harry Melling nails the character of Poe and employs the period Virginia accent to a tee.
It's wonderful to see Melling in roles other than Dudley Dursley. He's a lot more talented than that role would have suggested.

Reactions: ewoaf
so Netflix didnt ruin it with their woke LGBTQRST+×%# & social justice checklist?

It was well done. At the same time, it was slow and nearly put me to sleep.

The period WP headwear is comically large.

Played the West Point Golf Club many times back in the day. They say there is a gold room/building on the grounds but more than likely BS. Nice course though.