• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Christian Thibaudeau’s HP Mass Program

Re: Christian Thibaudeau’s HP Mass Program

i 110% approve of it...i have always done this style of training when gaining mass....now, its the only way i train...i have slight variations that i do, but pretty much the same...i have done this way before CT wrote about it, but he knows what he is talking about..

bench

Would you recommend it for someone just starting out, looking to build strength?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you recommend it for someone just starting out, looking to build strength? </div></div>

it will work...but i would advise caution...some of the lifts he recomends can hurt you if you dont know how to properly do them...

if you work out alone, or with other new guys take it slow...if you work out with a seasoned lifter, who can observe, and show you proper technique i say go for it..

bench

All I was planning on running with for the first six weeks was the overhead press, incline press, bench press, Olympic squat and conventional deadlift. But starting slow would be the plan for sure.

I assume the ramping up is only done at the start of the first movement, after that you go straight into the MTW for the second and third movement, or is that wrong?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I was planning on running with for the first six weeks was the overhead press, incline press, bench press, Olympic squat and conventional deadlift. But starting slow would be the plan for sure. </div></div>
then you should be fine...

i currently do this
day 1: heavy day
bb shoulder press
bb incline press
bb flat
dips
cardio

day2: reps, speed, and assistance movements
bb shoulder press..with side laterals
bb incline..with lat pull downs
bb flat...with preacher curls
dips..with some sort of tricep movement
rear delts
cardio

day 3: sled pulls, heavy carries, and cardio

day 4:heavy
squats
deads
flat bench(moderate weight)
cardio

day 5: reps, speed, and assistance
front squats
deads
dips...rear delts
db curls..with pulldowns
tri movement

day 6: sled, heavy carry, cardio

and repeat....

i do movements to refresh my CNS as needed...the sled work is a must..just get a tire, drill a hole though it, and screw in a eye hook, and attach a rope..your local city barn will gladly let you have a old big ass tire

bench

bench