• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac has gone to the great band in the sky.

My old man was some sort of student something or other that would pick up bands and drive them around and generally help out when they’d come play shows in Bozeman. He claims Christine McVie called him “Love” when she asked him to grab her luggage. He’s always loved her over the “hooker that ruined Fleetwood Mac.” Mick Fleetwood gave him a broken pair of drumsticks after the show. He’s going to be super bummed.

Band I worked in opened for Fleetwood Mac a couple times in the '80's. VcVie was hotter than The 5 F's when I saw them.

RIP, Christine. We love ya.

VooDoo

Full disclosure, I always preferred Christine's voice over Stevie. Christine had a voice of gold lame or velvet, soft and smooth. Stevie sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I wonder if when Mick hired Lindsay, a light tenor who sings higher than anyone in the band, he brought his girlfriend and they accepted that because he wrote good songs.

I like Christine's singing better also but I had a crush on Stevie Nicks back in the day.

1669861321787.png

If you follow is my fav song by them. Way better voice.

IMHO Fleetwood Mac was a much better band musically, not commercially, in the early days when McVie was the only female singer. The days of Kiln House, Bare Trees, Then Play On, with Peter Green, Danny Kerwin. Station Man still an awesome guitar tune. Sorry to see her go.

Last edited:
Reactions: FWoo45 and Ronws
I like Christine's singing better also but I had a crush on Stevie Nicks back in the day.

View attachment 8011105
Stevie Nicks always had a great voice and sound... Guess I'll probably always associate her more with Fleetwood Mack than Christine...

Stevie Nicks and Don Henley... and Tom Petty... were some amazing combinations.

The number of amazing rock n rollers we are going to lose in the next decade is going to be huge... I mean, most of them are in their '70's and 80's now. Heck, the Grunge set is in their '60's!

To be replaced with... Internet Influencers? Faggots.

Sirhr

Sirhr

Stevie Nicks always had a great voice and sound... Guess I'll probably always associate her more with Fleetwood Mack than Christine...

Stevie Nicks and Don Henley... and Tom Petty... were some amazing combinations.

The number of amazing rock n rollers we are going to lose in the next decade is going to be huge... I mean, most of them are in their '70's and 80's now. Heck, the Grunge set is in their '60's!

To be replaced with... Internet Influencers? Faggots.

Sirhr

Sirhr
Yes sir, Sirhr.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
RIP CM, you`ll be missed by many. Heaven will now sound even sweeter.