• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christmas finally came: Savage 110 FCP .338LM

ArcticFun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Wasilla, Alaska
Was able to finally pick a .338 Lapua today. Snagged a Savage 110 FCP HS Precision model with the optional bi-pod for well below retail price. And I must say that I am more than a little surprised with how well this rifle handles. And the specs:

Savage 110 FCP HS Precision
Caliber: .338 Lapua
Barrel length: 26"
Barrel twist: 1 in 9"
Overall length: 49.5"
DBM using 5 round single stack Accurate Mag
Savage Accutrigger
HS Precision stock
Cheap bi-pod

I went and picked up two boxes of HSM ammunition, one box loaded with 300gr HPBT Match (SMK) and one with 300gr Berger OTM Hybrids. The magazine that came with rifle allows a COAL of 3.850" so there's the possibility of being able to load them out fairly far out and still be able to use the DBM system. Sadly it's too dark already to take it out and see how it shoots. I'll have a range report and pictures up tomorrow.

By the way does anyone have a MV for either of those loads at sea level and 0F?

Re: Christmas finally came: Savage 110 FCP .338LM

definetly a great buy on them 338 savages. a buddy of mine is ordering one tomorrow and im interested in shooting it. keep us updated