• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chrono graph

Jabronie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Montana
i am looking for a good quality chrono graph or a device of the sort to measure muzzle volocity, particulaly one that holds up to cold weather too would be great, i wanted to see what you would recoment?

Re: chrono graph

I'm satisfied with my CED M2.....

If the the Oehler 35P had been as available when I bought it, I might have gone for it, instead of the CED. It's more pricey, but has long been seen by many as the "gold standard" of chronos.....

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/CED-M2-Chronograph-Set.html

IF I were going to shoot another chrony....I'd prefer to shoot the $200 one, rather than the $600 outfit.
blush.gif

A bunch of us used a guy's CED at the range the other day and it seemed to be spot on, and everyone recommended it.

I bought a cheaper ProChrono for myself and it gave me about the same average 2775, but slightly larger limits(30 to 40 vs about 20 on CED), maybe because I shot it later in afternoon...not sure how light affects readings. And I live Florida, cannot attest for cold conditions
frown.gif

I just ordered a chrony F1 after hearing and reading good reviews for it, it should be here next week for me to test out. It's very affordable, the master version cost me $95.

Chrony Chronies suck balls big time, after I shot mine on purpose I bought a CED M2, I know Jim G had problems with his but mine, ChadTRG42 and Captain Kick-Ass have all been trouble free and mine has been compared to a O35p which the readings were the same weather the CED was in front or back of the 35p

The Chrony works OK for what it is...You need to build a box over it with a translucent top...Get good results with mine that way.

The CED has been good to me and I actually bought a second one to see if the first was a fluke...Seems as good as the first.
My buds all sold heir Oehlers (as have I) and everyone seems happy with it.
There are few reports of over sensitivity from muzzle blast or even muzzle blast from near by shooters so it isn't perfect from unit to unit.

Whatever chrono you choose pick up a heavy duty tripod for it...Used is good. Chronographs don't like vibration or movement from muzzle blast and will create errors from this movement. Farther away is better than too close.

I am hoping JimG gets back to us soon with a customer service report from CED.

what i am seeing is that the CED m2 is the way to go, thank you everyone for your input!

Another vote for the Oheler 35P. If you look around, you should be able to find a good used one for about $400.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jabronie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what i am seeing is that the CED m2 is the way to go, thank you everyone for your input! </div></div>

I love mine, I have a PACT also that is close to 20 years old now. It works great, when it decides to work at all.