• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chrono vs Chrono

BugIn762

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I have had all the chronographs over the years. My Xero seems to be the cat's meow.

Watched and read too many Magnetospeed vs Labradar vs Xero Pro comparisons.

Most are within 2 to 6 FPS of each other. Way more accurate than I need.

I wonder how a Xero vs Xero or Labradar vs Labradar would look.

Caffeine wondering.

BugIn

It's been done in that loooooong Xero thread. By a couple people with two Xeros. They were within a the margin of error if I remember right.

Impressive.
Post #1585 in the "LongThread".
I did some testing today on Quantico's Range 4. It's always a 1,000yd day on Sunday, but I wanted to try the Garmins against the Labradar. Unfortunately, I only captured one shot on the LR, which is the problem and why I looked forward to testing the new Garmin doppler chrono (in fairness, I only tried aligning the LR a couple of times before I just went back to shooting). I shot 10rds of factory Hornady 225gr ELD-Ms unsuppressed and then suppressed with a TBAC Ultra 338. I also chrono'd 3 other rifles on the line, there were no missed shots for 30-06, 6.5 and .223 rifles, as well as my 300PRC.

The Xero C1 Pro is simply a game changer. It was the discussion point for everyone one the line and I hope I helped sell a few more units as shooters were so impressed with the size, ease of use and reliability of the unit.

ETA - A couple of suggestions for @Garmin:
  • Increase the brightness of the unit
  • Add a sequential number to the history in the session summary on the device. Even though the latest session appears at the top of the summary (and has a timestamp in the app), it will become confusing when multiple entries are saved when not using the app.
IMG_7279-3017083.jpg

ETA II - F' daylight savings time, geeeeeezeus, it's 5:30pm and dark...

I positioned the two units to the left and right of my AXMC in 300PRC with a TBAC brake.

IMG_7270-3016896.jpg

I repeated the testing with the TBAC Ultra 338 suppressor, which added some distance back to the units.

IMG_7275-3016901.jpg

The results:

Garmin_Testing_Nov_2023-3016997.jpg

We were shooting steel from 637yds to 1,000yds.

IMG_7266-3016902.jpg

Bonus pictures.

IMG_7272-3016898.jpg

IMG_7274-3016900.jpg

BugIn