• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chronograph

Re: Chronograph

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have you looked at the ced millenium 2. its a great chrono and in your price range </div></div>

That's the one I've been looking at. When I retire the Pact I'm using now.

I've got a Chrony Alpha Master and a millennium and got no problem with either one. I've put them in a line and they have read within 5 ft of the same speed. The Millennium will do a lot more and can download to the computer and stores a ton. I keep all my paper work with me and fill it out as I shoot my groups so the Chrony is what I use most of the time, that and my brother always uses the Millennium and if I have doubts I step over and shoot through his. Thing I like about the Millennium you can stretch it out and shoot arrows through it also. Where I like the Millennium much better is when we want to chrony something at 100 or 200 yards you can read the speeds with no problem from the bench.

I have had two Chronys. My results were far from yours. I sold one and gave the other to my brother. They couldn't pay me to use another one. I couldn't afford an Ohler at the time, so I got one of the first Pacts out. It has been good to me. But I am thinking about the CED M2.

You will definitely like it. Got a bunch of bells and whistles and you can store it all on your computer for future reference. I keep notebooks with all my loads and targets on the shelf behind my reloading table so I can see what the loads actually did. Got all sorts of add ons, you have to have a really good tripod with weights to support it but it's a wonderful tool!

Had a CE some years ago. Think I paid about $80 new. Worked great until it caught an errant round.

Tried a PACT and a couple of Chronys. Bought a CED and stored the PACT. No comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Worked great until it caught an errant round. </div></div>

i had a similar situation, the jacket from a hollow point load peeled off and destroyed the face of the chrono, i sent it back to CE, they repaired it at no cost to me, i then bought the USB computer interface, that little gadget is fun to play with. the stored info data is priceless when comparing loads.

BTW, according to CE, the round that destroyed the face of my chrono was doing apprx. 3600 fps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Competition Electronics has a good digital Chrono.
A GREAT CHRONO !
</div></div>

I love mine and being able to download the data into excel.

I love my CED M2, works much better than my Chrony gamma master.

I recently was in the market for one and decided on the CED M2, seems to be the best value for the money with the least problems from my research.

I have had two $80 Shooting Chronos and Two $100 Pro Chronos.

The $80 Shooting Chronos failed to trigger half the time.

The $100 Pro Chronos work so well, I don't have to think about them, other than turning them off when done.

The important thing for me was to stop shooting handguns over the chonos. In one magazine full, I would typically hit the chrono. Just rifles works fine for years now.