• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chrony alpha master chronograph

packcons

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
Bunkerville, NV
IF any one has used this chrony i have a question: if you have used any battery besides an alkaline, how did the chrony act with the non-aklaline or battery not marked alkaline. Thanks

Re: chrony alpha master chronograph

I have used everything from el cheapo ray-o-vacs to those silver lithium (expensive) ones. I think 9 volts is 9 volts, it only a question of how long they last.

ok, i was testing some loads for my 7mmrum and my starting load measured 3500ft/s with a 180gr bullet. i think my chrono may be a litte off. ill test a know load

If the figure you got was higher than expected, make sure you have opened the Chrony completely; if it's not perfectly flat the sensors will be closer together and the velocity will be higher.

If the figure you got was slower than expected, make sure you are shooting across the sensors in a very straight line, no up or down or left to right ot right to left; it has to be the shortest route possible. It is also not impossible that books inflate their velocity a little.

Thanks mr.sig. I went shooting today and my readings were as expected. The chrono may not have been opened all the way yesterday. problem solved