• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chrony Tripods?

Re: Chrony Tripods?

Are you asking because you are contemplating getting a tripod for your Chronograph? What caliber are you shooting?

If you are, it helps to get the sturdiest one you can. Typically, you have about 8-10 feet of cable from your display to your chrony, minus one foot for the length of the chrony, about another three foot for the length of the bench, and you have a distance of about 5-6 feet from your muzzle.

It may not matter if you are shooting .22's, but with large caliber firearms, the blast may tip over a top heavy chronograph. Also, if you are shooting outdoors, you should also consider that there may be crosswinds that blow on your top heavy chronograph/tripod.

Best Buy has some relatively cheap (50-60 bucks) and sturdy tripods. I bought one for my chrono and one for the scope.

Got mine at Walmart for 23 bucks. If it's particularly windy I use the cheap ass wire type tent stakes that you can get for a little kid's tent. They're another $3 or so for a half dozen.

Best tripod I have used and they are light plus a great sgooting platform. I use the short one for shooting prone, next purshase mid size multi use. Great people to work to do business with and know shooting, ex Sniper & Recon USMC

www.precisionriflesolutions.com/products.html

I bought a cheap telescopic tripod from chinamart for $14, it folds down to 12" long and works fine for a chrony. Its actually smaller than the chrony and makes my range bag have more room for bullets