• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Chuck whackin'....

knockemdown

suburban redneck
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Got out to the farm for some shooting this weekend. Was trying out the new WoTAC on the 6x45 and decided to go afield in search of the ever elusive whistlepig...
Found a prime candidate posing pretty and inserted a 70gr Blitzking into his ear @ 179yds. Spun him around and 'popped' pretty nicely...
April09014-2.jpg

Was stretching the legs of my GAP 7WSM as well and wanted to splatter a chuck with an AMAX, so off I went with the big green stick. Found a young chuck browsing @ 238yds and cut him in half...
April09023.jpg

Did some cruising on the ATV looking for more targets. Found one later that day pretty far off...just what I was looking for! Flippied down the Harris and lasered the piggie @ 462yds. Dialed him up and sent one his way and got a "thwaaaap" in return. Another head shot...
April09025.jpg

Oooooh that one felt good!

Last one of the day was a target of opportunity. Saw a chuck dive into his hole, so I piled off and got set real quick. I sent another AMAX along and it threw this chuck about three feet out of his hole at 105 yds...
Tried to snap a pic through the NXS, but Sun angle reflected the camera's image back into the glass...
April09039.jpg

The last victim again...
April09046.jpg

Hope you guys are getting in on some whistlepig whackin' too!

Re: Chuck whackin'....

Nice.. looks like a good day.. Im gonna test out some 175smk .30cals going around 32-3250fps out of a 300rum this weekend on some rockchucks, if I can spot some that is..

Dirk,
That RUM should make quite the mess out of a chuck! If you can even find what's left, that is...
smile.gif

Thanks guys!
Here ya go j...

Surgeon WSM Action, KMW shifter, Wyatt's extended mag box
24" 1:9" Broughton #7, fluted, Badger Thruster brake
McMillan A-5 EDGE stock, Badger M4 bottom metal
Rifle Basix trigger 1.5lbs
OD Cerakote on all the metal

NXS 5-5-22x50 NP-R1 in NXS UL rings
USO flip out bubble level...

Very Nice shooting and looks like fun. Don't have any of those critters close to where I live.