• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing "Chuckin' with the 'Tender"

Da-Law-Dawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2008
Russell Springs, KY
Was sittin' on the back porch watching the "back 40" the other evening whilst the wife had our 2 1/2 year old twins occupied. Had just come off a 12 hour stretch and was enjoyin' a cup o' joe tryin' to get my day started.

It had clouded up and I knew there was a good possibility that there might be a 'chuck stirring out around the sheds out back in the fields. As I sat with my coffee, I spied this large sow out in front of the equipment shed.

I ducked in the house and grabbed the first thing at hand. It just so happened to be my 1976 vintage Contender. She wears a Dave Dolin custom grip set and the barrel is a 14" SSK in 6.5 JDJ topped off with a 5x Burris.

I managed to get back outside and saw that she had made it back close to her hole. I proned out with the bipod and rear bag and let fly a 129gr Hornady SST at about 2200fps. Two words came to mind.....BANG-FLOP.....

Shot was ranged at 113 yards.

The sow never moved outta her tracks. The little 6.5 JDJ is bad-joo-joo and she hits like a hammer. Looking forward to trying her out from the stand this fall!

IMAG0144.jpg

Re: "Chuckin' with the 'Tender"

Thanks JSTARZ,

She's the biggest one I've managed to take this year, we grow 'em big here!
wink.gif
Must be the Bluegrass!