• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ChuckNorris needs help picking a .308!

chucknorris

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
In orbit...
Guys,
I need some help deciding which .308 to get. There seem to be some good deals in the For Sale section. I've listed the ones below that caught my eye.
Thanks for any input!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Up for sale is my FN SPR A1 .308... This Bad Boy started life as your everyday high end .308 long range rifle... It then went through a fun makeover and had the trigger tuned and polished to 2 very crisp lbs, the action was professionally bedded, Custom "Phoenix 3-ring" bolt knob by Keith @ Phoenix Custom Rifles with black ceracote, Complete custom "Skulls/Snakeskin" ceracote job in 4-tone black-grey-titanium-white by (ARP) OnTargetCustoms, it was outfitted with an XLR adjustable height cheek piece with neoprene foam padding, and finally, its topped off with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56 Illuminated reticle scope in genuine hard to find FN Steel rings, Ill let the whole setup go as pictured below with Atlas V8 BT10 Quick Detach bipod ...
DROP!!!----- W/Atlas- $<span style="text-decoration: line-through">3550</span> $<span style="color: #FF0000">3500</span>..... without- $<span style="text-decoration: line-through">3400</span> $<span style="color: #FF0000">3350</span>!
P7280323.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m selling my Ed Brown Custom, Inc A5 Tactical rifle in .308.
Details:
• Barrel is a 27” Bartlein Heavy Varmint in 1:12 twist (approximately 2500 round count).
• Action is the M-704
• The stock is a McMillian A5 with adjustable cheekpiece.
• Jewell trigger set at 14oz.
• Custom 20 moa scope base by Murphy Precision.
• Badger Ordnance M5 trigger guard
• Accuracy International detachable 5 round magazine.
• Nightforce Rings.
• Bedding done by Stick at S&S Precision.

Would consider the following trades: target .223 or high end 45 acp 1911,

Price at $2,400.00 includes shipping or FTF in DFW area.
Daughter who never shot it before, shot at Camp Robinson’s 1000 yard match last weekend and scored 192-3x on the 1st relay.
2ldhe9g.jpg

Paul Scott
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poundcake8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
-APA Genesis action
-Broughten 5.8 contour 1-10, 20 in to the compensator, set up for the AAC SCAR H SD (will replace AAC 3 prong with surefire brake 762SSAL/RE)
-Surgeon tactical bolt knob,
- Set trigger a 2.5#
- 30 MOA base
-APA RTG bottom metal with 1 10 rnd mag, accepts AW, AI style mags
-Mcmillan Bakers special stock, 4 way adjustable
-Fluted, extractor milled bolt

This rifle is a shooter with my first 5 rnd group measuring well under .25 MOA, maintains far below MOA out to 1000 yrds with FGMM 175's and 168"s The bipod and suppressor <span style="font-weight: bold">are not </span>included,
I value the rifle at <span style="font-weight: bold">$4,000 OBO, </span> or the rifle plus scope at<span style="font-weight: bold">$6,000</span> add them up individually and thats alot of savings.....

IMG_0037.jpg

...</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
Here are the specs for the APR:
$4089
Broughton custom #5.8 contour barrel is slightly bigger profile than a Sendero profile; 22" finish length; .308 caliber; 1-11 twist
APA RTG bottom metal including one 10-round AW magazine (works with AICS magazines as well!)
APA Genesis action with a pinned recoil lug and cut to allow use of AW magazines
Action includes spiral flutted bolt, mini-16 extractor
APA Bolt knob
APA 30-MOA base, screwed and pinned to the receiver - six 8-40 screws and two pins!
Timney Trigger set at 2.5#
Rifle is bedded with pillars
APA tactical stud for bipod
two flush cups installed on left of stock
Barreled action, RTG and AW magazine are coated in KG Gun-Kote Sage Green to match stock
Royal gun case for shipping
Total weight ~9.25# unloaded (without optics).

Number two is the standard color:

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0510copy.jpg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kaisersose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GA Precision built .308 on Remington 700 Shortaction
Old school Remington Trigger tuned by gap
20 inch barrel plus Vortex Flahshider
Badger Bolt knob
mcmillan A5 stock
PTG bottom metal with accepts AICS magazine just like the Badger M5
$2400 shipped

Please pm me directly as I do not always check the board

1337121010.jpg

Looks to me to be a "Fireplug"

Which would indicate Eric Reed

1343776255.jpg
</div></div>

Re: ChuckNorris needs help!

chuck norris doesnt need a rifle, he snipes dudes with his cock........write that down

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my vote is the apa. but vjjp is correct. no need for a rifle </div></div>

Of course VJJP is right.

Which APA, jroberts? #3 or #4?

#5 the GA Precision would serve you well too!

chuck Norris doesn't have to choose a rifle. The rifle would choose chuck Norris.

I'd go with 3 or 4.

If I may be candid, I would suggest that the question is not "do I choose new or used" but rather "what features do I need in my rifle"?

3 and 4 are very different weapons with a different combination of features. One of the biggest drivers here could be the adjustable cheekpiece. Are you one of those who doesnt want one because its one more M@%!@#$ F$%!ing thing to break on you in the field and to add weight, or do you really want something you can customize without having to add closed cell padding, etc?

Do you prefer a 20 or 22" barrel length?

Do you want a 1:10 twist or 1:11?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may be candid, I would suggest that the question is not "do I choose new or used" but rather "what features do I need in my rifle"?

3 and 4 are very different weapons with a different combination of features. One of the biggest drivers here could be the adjustable cheekpiece. Are you one of those who doesnt want one because its one more M@%!@#$ F$%!ing thing to break on you in the field and to add weight, or do you really want something you can customize without having to add closed cell padding, etc?

Do you prefer a 20 or 22" barrel length?

Do you want a 1:10 twist or 1:11?

</div></div>

Plan to use Berger 175gr VLDs, so either twist will work. Shorter length and simpler stock balance out for me; I would enjoy either one, I think. Main question was how to used APAs hold up? I suspect it depends on the maintenance, but would like opinions.

You should not have any problems with used items from APA. I really like #4. Its a great all-around setup.

Hell if you have the money for any one of these and you have plenty to spare for good glass, I'd get #4--unless you're partial to vertical grip stocks. As a very versatile rifle I'd say go for it. Wish I too had that kinda money.

Called APA to see if #4 was still available; that's my first choice. Have a Bushnell HDMR that will be going on something soon... Will be good to get back to the range. Thanks for all the input.

I agree with Bip. Buy them all. I "started wanting" one, That was 5 rifles ago. Is this the same C. Norris, I used to see, talking to his Bud, in Electrical, at National Lumber in Torrance, California, in the 70's, before you became "famous"? #2 or 5

Re: ChuckNorris needs help picking a .308!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChuckNorris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, I need some help </div></div>

You are an imposter. Chuck Norris <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> needs help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3! 3! Pick Number 3 M'lord!

[Bonus if you name that movie. Yes I have a kid.] </div></div>

That movie is Shrek. I don't have any kids but I love that movie. I like 4 because its the only one that came with a test target that I could see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that movie, "Chuck Norris, Cock Sniper." </div></div>

Meatgazer!

Thanks for all the opinions. After talking with Jared at APA, I decided to go with the APR since it would be a while before I could get a Paragon. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Should be posting a range report within two weeks.

Chuck, here is my advice. Skip the 308 and go 300winmag. It doesnt cost that much more to shoot, and you get better ballistics.

Chuck Norris does not need guns, he has the roundhouse kick.

FWIW, I'd go #5.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer..... Too bad he has never cried. Gap